Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Problem...

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm looking for some help from those of you that know Serre Chevalier

We're heading to Serre Che on the 2nd March for a week. One of our group needs to head back on the 6th though, as they have a job interview on the Friday (7th). We've managed to find flights back to the UK but have the problem of getting from the resort to either Turin or Grenoble airport. Taxis appear to be very expensive (£200+) so we're looking for alternative suggestions?

Our holiday is booked with Neilson and we're staying in a Neilson challet in Villeneuve. Your help would be much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
doylep, welcome to SnowHeads. A few ther options, either a Bus to Oulx from Briancon, and a train to Turin, then shuttle to station, although it may take a while. Other suggestions are Alpine Transfer company (Jackson Collins) 00 33 (0)6 79 28 04 13. Problem is it will probably be a private transfer rather than a shared one, which will be expensive however you do it.There is a bus to Grenoble railway station too, but it will depend on what time your friends flights are.l

http://www.vfd.fr/ with link to bus timetable for Briancon/Grenoble, you can then catch a shuttle from station to airport.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
doylep, just a thought , there is also an overnight sleeper from Briancon to Paris, he could then fly or take Eurostar from there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
doylep, welcome to snowHeads. There are a few "locals" who regularly post here, maybe one of them may be able to help for a smaller consideration than the taxi option, or perhaps they may know someone who would.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, No bus from SC to Grenoble? What about a taxi to a station on the bus route - eg by the dam?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles,the bus only goes once or twice a day to Grenoble rail station. I suppose a taxi would be possible to the dam. Until recently there wasn't really a need for a bus to the airport, as it didn't have any international flights. Col du Lauteret is another problem of course if the weather is bad.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doylep, a private transfer to Turin with ATS would be about 240 euros, I just priced it for one of my guests. I think Jackson would probably do it a bit cheaper though. He is properly registered .
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
doylep, I'm no expert on Serre che, but looking at your costs would it be cheaper for your friend to hire a (small) car at the airport you fly into, and then drive it back? You can usually get car hire for less than £100 for 5 days. Just a thought.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AxsMan, lots of ghastly extras when hiring a car in Italy - especially at Turin airport. full CDW 20€/day, VAT 20%, airport tax 16%, chains €7 a day (+VAT, +airport tax) you get the picture... Might be better if you hire in resort.

That's with Hurtz anyway...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
red 27, difficulties with cross-border one way hire too, it also depends on which site you use to book from, some of them include all the extras. I have never had lots of extras added on. http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xOneAccount
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
red 27, I've done Turin car hire, as well as Grenoble and Geneva. Holiday Autos usually come out cheapest (there's discount link in a thread here somewhere), and cost around £100 - £120 for a week. You should be able to get <£100 for five days.

EDIT: just followed Helens link and got a Ford Ka from Turin for the dates required for £69. A corsa for £72 Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 20-02-08 16:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
All prices are fully inclusive of airport surcharges, airport tax, collision damage waiver (cdw), local taxes, theft protection (tp) and unlimited mileage

from HA link above for turin hire.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And for £12 you can pay damage excess waiver.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, Ye gods... I was bl**dy robbed by Hurtz... Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the HA info - I shall use them in future - lesson learned the hard way as usual Confused
snow conditions
AxsMan wrote:
doylep, I'm no expert on Serre che, but looking at your costs would it be cheaper for your friend to hire a (small) car at the airport you fly into, and then drive it back? You can usually get car hire for less than £100 for 5 days. Just a thought.

More like £200+ with all the extras - judging by our recent costs (admittedly for a full week).
snow conditions
It was £92,50 for a compact.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, gonna have to consult you next year! Cheaper of the 2 we hired was £217 for a Fiesta.
latest report
achilles, http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xOneAccount , bookmark the link.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, done, thanks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy