Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking Of Morzine for New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of booking a trip to Morzine for the New Year. There is a company I met at the Manchester ski show called 'Ski Chamois' they do coach trips to there own chalet which is called 'Hotel Les Camoise' which is situated at the top of the Nylon cable car.

I have never been to this area before however it rather low and I am concerned about the snow cover. Anyone been to Morzine who can offer advice also anybody been away with this company.

More used to Les Arcs, Tignes, ADH etc, so I usually do go high.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hey went to that exact place last year the resort is really good, would recomen it highly.

when we arrived not much snow but more than enough to ski on so got a pass to avoriaz with had the best snow i had skiied on, the snow came on day two morzine was fantastic to ski on.

you ski litterally from the hotel door to the slopes.

The biggest draw back with the hotel is you are isolatted at night as the nylon cable car closes at 5 and there is no way of getting to the village. unless you want a 2 mile walk up a blue run

The coach great to get a good sleep on but beware of the regulars when they set the beds up on coach as they move all your stuff and sleep were they want. Taking your seat as there bed me and my wife had to sleep seperate next to strangers as they refused to move.

I would have to say the hotel is basic but friendly staff. If you are thinking of hiring equipment from the hotel be first in the queue as the boots i ended up with were about 10 years old as they ran out of size 10.

Hope that this has helped
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a result go on a skiing holiday and end up on a swingers party Razz Razz
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kel, Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank's adib666, anyone else any first hand experience on Morzine or Ski Chamois at this time of year. Also thinking of La Rosiere
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
adib666 wrote:
The coach great to get a good sleep on but beware of the regulars when they set the beds up on coach as they move all your stuff and sleep were they want. Taking your seat as there bed me and my wife had to sleep seperate next to strangers as they refused to move.

really interested in your experience, but frankly can't understand any of this para. Setting up beds? what's that all about Puzzled. how can peeps move your stuff - where was it? How can they take your seat as their bed? why would they do that - they are still having to sit next to someone (maybe your missus is hot wink )
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
adib666 wrote:

really interested in your experience, but frankly can't understand any of this para. Setting up beds? what's that all about Puzzled. how can peeps move your stuff - where was it? How can they take your seat as their bed? why would they do that - they are still having to sit next to someone (maybe your missus is hot wink )

Yes that's exactly what I thought despite my previous flippant comment. The coach has full reclining seats and there is apparently loads of space, so if someone gatecrashed my seat I would politely but firmly tell them to move, regardless of how many times they had been on this trip.

The benefits of this trip are it is comparable to chalet board but transport is included, which when you weigh it up should be OK you depart from Leeds at 10.30am Friday and arrive in resort at around 8am the following morning, so as long as you can sleep this would be less stressful than taking the plane with the usual transfer nightmares at the other end. You also get 8 days on the slopes as opposed to 6. But if the place is a dump I would not want to go at any price.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another benefit you can take up to 40kg of luggage plus skis inclusive. The last time I went Easyjet my ski carriage and excess baggage amounted to about £180 on top of the flights for 4 of us.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi there

morzine at new year - great...was my first skiing holiday ever and i really enjoyed it.

also went over xmas (Well technically les gets) this year and snow was particularly good.

personally - would want to be based in town. top of nyon - pointless really. there's so much more to the area and if you are in town you can easily access the pleney, and super morzine lifts.

and coach?? no way. i'd rather walk. i've bused it to the soiuth of france many times as a teenager which was great. as an adult it's horrific. in fact my feet swoll up so badly i coudn't walk for a few days

i'm going to be running a trip to morzine for new year if you'd like to come with me? no kids etc...all grown ups! if you get your flights now they will be dirt cheap.

wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

if you get your flights now they will be dirt cheap

? where do you get dirt cheap new year flights now?

Some people get on fine with coaches. It's not much different from 10 hours on a charter flight to N America (or, for that matter, driving yourself). I've done several coach trips (to La Rosiere and Valmeinier) and the extra ski time, and the ease of having yourselves and your luggage dumped right at your accommodation, are definite advantages.

Les Gets/Morzine are low. You could have great snow, like this last Christmas, or pretty thin stuff, like some others. Personally I would think La Rosiere more reliable for snow at that time of year.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy