Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl or Serfaus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Planning on visiting Austria again in mid March. Recently went to Saalbach which was amazing, but a little concerned the snow will be poor by the 15th March.

Has anyone been to either Obergurgl or Serfaus.

What's the ski area like?
Pretty?
Snow sure?
Apres ski?

We are not into parying all night, but the odd good bar wouldn't go amiss.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JimmyAFCB, welcome to SH!

I have been only to Serfaus, and never visited Obergurgl, but I am sure that more SHs were in Obergurgl than in Serfaus, so they may help you.
Compared to Saalbach.
A little bit smaller, pistes are a bit narrower, better snow record, pistes are located higher, also good lift system here, and I found Serfaus a bit cheaper.

What's the ski area like? - http://en.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/
Pretty? - Absolutely
Snow sure? - Yes
Apres ski? - Not as lively as in Saalbach since this the best family resort in Austria, everything is about kids in Sefaus, but there are some nice, old, traditional bars.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JimmyAFCB, done both a couple of times. Prefer Serfaus. Got trees, more villagey, more variety, nearer airport, like the ski depot system, better lift system, better for kids. That's enough.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JimmyAFCB,

Welcome to snowheads.

Been to both, just my opinion -

Both family resorts but Serfaus is better for kids.
Ski Terrain - Serfaus (180 v 110 km).
Apres ski - Obergurgl (although not Saalbach levels).
Snow secure - not much in it, Obergurgl probably has the edge but more open to wind.
Pretty(ness) - not much in it at village level, preferred Serfaus bowls to Obergurgl's "side of (windy) valley" aspect.

Overall I preffered Serfaus but on a ski holiday I'm more of a skier than a drinker. If you want more of a snow secure Apres Ski resort then Sölden would be worth a look.

You could use the snowheads search function to find out more on both resorts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy