Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Giro Tuneups

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would like to know where to buy Giro Tuneups (for a Fuse helmet) in the UK. Not able to find anywhere so far.

If anyonody knows of anywhere please contribute to this thread.

If anybody wishes to discuss the merits or otherwise of using such devices, please add to this thread, please do not clutter this thread up with talk of what is right or wrong ... that is not what it is here for !

Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow and Rock had them at one point. I have just ordered some from REI.com at the ridiculous price of $15, but they are now showing as unavailable so I presume they were old stock - hope they ran out after dispatching mine and not before!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith, I had a faulty pair from S & R last year. They refunded my money, but couldn't give me new ones as they appeared to have stopped stocking them. I bought them from the internet, from the US, for less than the cost of buying them in S & R.

They are fairly specific to individual helmets because the size/shape of the fabric bit that joins the two ear pieces (FBJ2EP) varies a lot. However, having not been able to buy the right kind for my Giro 9, I took a punt on whatever they had available, and they do fit, although the FBJ2EP is not 100% right. .

My husband has a Red helmet and bought the equivalent of Tune Ups for his, but did not get on with the push button mute thing on the outside of the earpiece (the tune ups have a mute switch in the wire). We swapped, and with a bit of fiddling around, they work OK. I prefer the button, actually - I find it easy to locate and press.

So if you can't get EXACTLY the right earpieces for your helmet, try another Giro one and you will probably be OK.
I think they are fantastic - good sound, far more comfortable than trying to fiddle with earplugs, and very easy to mute when you need to be sociable.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Got mine with my G9 helmet. Great but for two problems:

1. If you try to push the jack into the earpiece while wearing the helmet, it seems to foul on the red rubber surround and, two turns later, you lose the sound in one ear. Its easy to fix by taking off the helmet but not ideal.

2. The speakers in the ear pads make my ears a little sore by the end of the day - now kinda wishing I had the empty more spacious earpads rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masmith, I've PM'd you.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sproggski wrote:
2. The speakers in the ear pads make my ears a little sore by the end of the day - now kinda wishing I had the empty more spacious earpads rolling eyes

wanna swap !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

If you try to push the jack into the earpiece while wearing the helmet, it seems to foul on the red rubber surround and, two turns later, you lose the sound in one ear. Its easy to fix by taking off the helmet but not ideal

That's true, but I wonder why you would want to push the jack into the earpiece while wearing the helmet? Only if it is ripped out in a fall, I should think. I leave mine in permanently and use the mute button.

It's true that the speakers can make the earpieces a bit more bulky - actually, now you come to mention it, that was one of the reasons I swapped with my husband - I was fine with either set, so he had the Giro ones, especially as he prefers the separate mute switch, which he clips to the collar of his jacket. One problem with sending away for the tune ups is not being able to try them - but it does mean you would have the original earpieces in the event of any problem.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
masmith, Chain Reaction are showing the bluetooth version for your helmet as in stock - a bit steep at £79 though if you don't need bluetooth. I'm thinking of getting some for my Omen as I can never get the phone out of my pocket and wedged up by my ear before it goes to voicemail!. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24866
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.onebelowzero.com/ or http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ are official UK resellers
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
masmith, I'm away again next week so, if they don't ease up, I'll be in touch.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy