Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flights to Salzburg Xmas 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking ahead to next Xmas (Book Early! as Fred Pontin used to say) and wondering when the flights come out from Manchester to Salzburg ? And who flys this route (I know Thomsonfly do but these dates are not on their website currently) - anyone else ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any advice please on flights to Salzburg ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BA fly it. You can book now - according to their site. One-way 20 December £ 297.90. Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How much - for 2 adults and 2 kids that's going to cost me a fortune ! Must be somebody cheaper - perhaps I have to wait for Thomson etc ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The "lo-cost" airlines won't have released flights yet. Have you considered flying to Munich? Depends on where you're travelling on to, but I'd guess that more scheduled airlines would fly there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We found it difficult to get a cheap deal to Salzburg 9-16 Feb just gone.... or a reasonable one to be honest. We live less than a mile from Leeds Bradford Airport, but Jet2 were asking £200+ return.
Went from East Midlands for £180 return per person.

Thomsonfly from Manchester were steep, too.

Good luck.

CD.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kendadj, if you continue to find such utterly daft flight prices would you consider driving?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have today returned from Austria - our first half term holiday, having always gone in January. We found exactly the same problem and ended up driving. Best decision ever in my opinion (admittedly I was in the passenger seat the whole way!). As a family of four, it was much cheaper. We did the journey each way over two days, but got an extra day's skiing out of it as we skied on the last Saturday and left after that. Husband had some reservations (was persuaded by the extra day's skiing) but said he loved driving as fast as he wanted on the German Autobahns (having spent years on the M25!). The other two in our group flew to Munich (from Stansted with Eastjet) and hired a car from there which was cheaper than flying to Salzburg.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sk8girl wrote:
We have today returned from Austria - our first half term holiday, having always gone in January. We found exactly the same problem and ended up driving. Best decision ever in my opinion (admittedly I was in the passenger seat the whole way!). As a family of four, it was much cheaper. We did the journey each way over two days, but got an extra day's skiing out of it as we skied on the last Saturday and left after that. Husband had some reservations (was persuaded by the extra day's skiing) but said he loved driving as fast as he wanted on the German Autobahns (having spent years on the M25!). The other two in our group flew to Munich (from Stansted with Eastjet) and hired a car from there which was cheaper than flying to Salzburg.

I have drove before and have to agree it is a good option. But for someone living in Kent it's a 'No Brainer'
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If I lived on the south coast I would drive but living near Chester, it is practically another day's driving
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy