Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Castleford Xscape

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to the Castleford snowdome for the first time tomorrow.

Can peeps give me some idea of what I need to take? Obviously:

Sallopettes
Gloves
Skiboots.

What I'm more unsure of is how cold is it in there? Will I need a hat, coat etc....???

Dont wanna look a total weapon (at least till I get me ski's on) NehNeh
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It'll be busy at this time of the year. Quietest time seems to be between 4-6pm.

I regularly ski there in either ski trousers/base layer shirt/shell jacket/gloves or trousers/base layer/mid weight fleece/body warmer/gloves. I've never felt a need for a hat.

If your a SCGB member then take your card as you get 20% discount. You'll also need a pound coin for the lockers which is refundable.

Have a great time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Charlatanefc, it's colder than you expect. It's a bit like skiing in the shade in resort.

I had full kit on (jacket, pants, gloves) and wasn't out of place, most people wear the same. If you layer up well you might not need a jacket, but it's chilly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks chaps. Looks like I'll be wearing more than I planned then Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm surprised you say 4.00 - 6.00, spyderjon,I'd have thought that would be one of the most popular times. I find the morning and late at night (9.00 - 11.00) the best at Milton Keynes (same company), and obviously the week is emptier than weekends.
You can take your own skis if you want, but take off the wax if they are waxed or you'll run rather slow.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Charlatanefc, I agree with a base layer and jacket, Trousers or sallopettes, gloves and skiboots. I never wear a hat although about 50% of people do. I find the light very flat so so yellow lens in glasses or goggles would help but I have only seen 4 or 5 people wear them so you may look out of place Shocked if your worried about that.

Have a good time snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't think you need sunglasses or goggles. My eyes get the gravel thing (conjuctivitis?) in the Alps if I don't wear them for any time. But in a 2 hour session with no glasses thee was no problem. Have a great time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all, will be there from 1-3 tomorrow, really looking forward to it as well Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball,

At this time of the year there a number of classes on the slopes at the weekend, but they finish at 4.00 - 4.30pm.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's like skiing in a big fridge. I wear a base layer, turtleneck, a fleece, gloves and a baseball cap and don't get too cold. I haven't had any problems with the light, and never use any eyewear of any sort.

If your head gets too cold, they provide helmets!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, just got back, had a cracking day. Got an extra half hour as well as we went on at 12:30 and no-one was checking tickets Very Happy Was chocker then. but emptied about oneish. Was pleasantly surprised how good the snow was in there and how big the place was. Glad I wrapped up now, it was like walking into a freezer as you went thru the door into the dome.

My skiing went really well, most surprising Laughing Although I didnt like the fact that there was nowhere to just have a quick slide before you get on the lift. Got to the top and forgot how to turn and smashed into the crash mat at the top to the sound of a loud expletive! Wink (Hell I can't remember me name half the time, let alone how to turn on ski's after 8 1/2 months)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy