Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powder baskets?

Poster: A snowHead
Seeing as I always forgot until I'm pushing along a traverse in deep snow....where can I get some wider baskets for my ski poles?

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Ski shop?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NAKEDZOOKEEPER wrote:
kitenski, Ski shop?

The one(s) near me doesn't have any Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, try in a resort. I took mine with me to the US, but forgot to swap them over. On a couple of times I really wish I had!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
kitenski, try in a resort. I took mine with me to the US, but forgot to swap them over. On a couple of times I really wish I had!

I *always* say I'll do that, and never do, hence trying to get organised this time, if I can get them in the UK without getting ripped off!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, what poles ya got?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Black Diamond and Leki do spares - I bought some BD ones a few years back for scottish winter walking that coincidentally I found fitted my Salomon pole ok. Don't know why tiny baskets are so prevalent.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scott do replacement powder baskets but the original ones arevery difficult to get off. I cut mine off.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:

a trusty pair of scratched and worn (but straight) Salomon Xscream poles...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

a trusty pair of scratched and worn (but straight) Salomon Xscream poles...

They are so 2001.

Get yourself in to EB's at Castleford & buy the new Scott's with the big squarish basket & decent grips wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well apart from baskets they work well enough, no need to spend money!!

Which Scotts.........
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, make sure you take your poles along, as there are a whole range of slightly different diameter fixings. In St Anton a few weeks ago it turned out that my spares (ex Salomon) were slightly too big for my now Scott poles (so wouldn't stay on in the face of any force) so got some new spare ones. Despite the shops having a whole array of slightly different baskets the shop didn't have exactly the right size (very slightly too small), so gave them to me for €1 each (they would have been €2 each).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ellis Brigham at Cas sell Scott powder baskets, you can also buy huge Leki ones from walking shops.

Then you buy a load of glue......................
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/703604%7C%7C@cSki%20Poles@bScott%7C0%7Cuser%7C%7C11%7C
Unfortunately EB's superb marketing dept don't show a pic of both the baskets & the grips that they say are so good rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
GrahamN,

agree... I had to have some bodged on my Salomon carbons...which has made them pretty uselsss as the fit isn't good and a lot of places...I really tried all over......in resort couldn't even do it in the 1st place.......... Puzzled Shocked

I eventually bought some BD carbon adjustables with extra baskets from Telemark-P so I am now more than happy. I demoed these from the BD test centre last year. Perfect..!!
snow report
GrahamN wrote:
kitenski, my spares (ex Salomon) were slightly too big for my now Scott poles (so wouldn't stay on in the face of any force) so got some new spare ones.

hmm, wonder if your spare Salomons would fit my Salomon poles....

JT - how come you got telescopic?
snow report
kitenski,

To pack down into my bag for light travelling. It didn't quite work out though as the lenghts are different. And also, if I needed extra for poling

But you can get full lenght, I think

http://www.bdel.com/gear/poles_overview.php

you might be bale to get Field and Trek to get them or Backcountry
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy