Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm back!! Report here if anyone is interested - fairly lengthy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right, just found out what resort x is thanks to alex_heney's lovely clues. Why the secrecy around it? Besides that it's probably quiet?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timmaah, I can only assume that Megamum thnks it ould get overrun if people find out about it - so yes, basically it is because it is quiet and friendly.

I don't think she is right, because it is too small for tour operators to use it, and I can't see more than a few people wanting to go there on a DIY holiday. And even a resort that small could absorb an extra few dozen people without really noticing it.

But it's quite fun to make a game of it anyhow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum,

Glad you had a good time
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alex_heney, i must have missed that then Embarassed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, Late November last year, in Apres.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Megamum,, glad you had a great time on your trip - so did I!

Where you in group or private lessons? What exercises did you do & which did you find good & which less helpful? Can we compare notes?? I am planning to take myself to Xscape as soon as I can so that I can practise what I have learned and hopefully find the top of the slope will look less steep than last time I was there!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly, Private lessons 1 hour each day Mon-Thurs. We didn't do so many exercises since the first three days were taken up trying to coax me down the new blue because I want to practice with the chair lift. (BLUE be b******d!!) Several of the English speaking people there said to me that in their experience it was a darn sight closer to being Red! However, we did get onto some technique practice on the last lessons and a half back on my comfort slope. We tried a pole plant and stepping the ski on the inside edge of the turn into a parallel position, but I had a total lack of coordination and in the finish we ditched the pole plant and just went with the step. I could do this in a lesson, but not so good by myself. Right hand turns being better than left.

Also in the parallel ski sections across the mountain he had me lift the uphill ski off the gound from the heel end so the toe of the ski just run along the snow surface several times before the next turn. Then at the turn you had to shift the weight back onto the ski on the outside edge of the turn and make the parallel step with the ski on the inside of the turn again. The movement with the skis and think about that somehow gave me something to focus on and again took my mind off the skiing and caused me to relax more.

Does the above make sense?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chair lifts have become a bit of a bete noir for me as I find it hard to stand up when they're quite low! I do know exactly what you mean about the colour of runs - all blues are equal but some are more equal than others! One had a short section that nearly freaked me out because it was steep (well it was to me!), and had lots of bumps and what looked like smooth icy patches round them. I had to choose - ski down or walk - and eventually I did ski down it, one turn at a time having to wait for the legs to stop shaking between each one! I reckoned that bit ought to have been red, or at least purple!

We also did an exercise where we had to repeatedly lift our uphill ski off the ground a little while traversing - think I managed to lift mine about a millimetre! We were also working towards parallel, but still using a plough into the turn, narrowing into a parallel position as you faced down the hull, then sideslipping the end of the turn, ending up traversing. The instructor said bending both knees would help and it really did.

I also identify with what you say about the exercise detail giving you something to think about and resulting in you relaxing - I found that too.

Also, doing the very long fairly flat blue, La Foret, I was astonished at the end of the week to be feeling it was hard work because it was too flat & looking forward to the steeper, wider bit near the bottom where I could try doing some decent turns! Me, saying that????
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly wrote:
all blues are equal but some are more equal than others!

The thing about run grading is that you can't compare resort to resort. You just have to trust that the runs marked blue in a resort will be easier than the runs marked red in the same resort Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well done on the improvement (don't you hate kids and their ability to learn so quick;). Sounds like you had a fab time!

We took some beginners down a lovely blue in Les Carroz, unfortunately just before the end there is a steep section to which they screamed "it's a wall of death" and promptly bum slid down the edge. Got them down it before the end of the week but I had to rename it the wall of love first. Anyone that knows Les Carroz, it's the drop to the Molliet chair.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B, Unless it's Val D. Where some of the toughest runs are marked 'verte' Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Update to thread - I've added a video - the link is here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37900
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy