Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In praise of TOs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from a magical week's skiing in the Dolomites and have to say that the efforts of the TO team in the chalet, on the piste and in the apres really made it special.

I know it is a snowHeads basic to dismiss TOs and all those hapless incompetents who use them, but I just could not fault the Neilson's team at Arabba last week who did far more than was necessary to give us a great time.

In a new resort for the first time, with a very hard to decode piste map, I was very glad to have three days of ski-guiding available to find my way round. Places booked ahead in restuarants if wanted, advice on routes, the rugby put on for us in a bar, nothing was too much trouble.

The vast majority of the people I know and work with do a decent day's work for fair reward. TO reps and workers are no different. Might it be jealousy that gets them such a hard time on this forum?

snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Bish,

I have to agree. I think they do get a bad press around here. I am using Panorama for my next trip.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Bish, Always fancied the Dolomites, and never been. How did you find the skiing?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Bish, I have nothing but praise for Neilson's summer activity holidays. They employ great people.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish, no sorry, no jealousy, only our bad experiences. Glad you've had a good one though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish, Nice to see TO getting some good press. We use TO and do DIY and to be honest not had a problem most of the time and when we have I can usually ge tit sorted to mutual satisfaction.

We usually use TO when they give use a better deal than going DIY Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike, Will put a more objective and thoughtful report together in due course, but generally speaking absolutely loved the place. Better skiers than us (which is most, to be honest) might find it all a bit bland, but we loved it. So did Jon, and he can ski anything. Though he did show some disrespect for the black at Colfosco by skiing down it backwards on his twin-tip High Society skis. In lots of ways it is typically Italian in that it is very well groomed and oddly graded, but paradise for intermediates that like beautiful scenery and good food and wine at value prices.

snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Bish, Been 3 times with Espirt. Not cheap but not a bad word to say against them. We use TO for main holiday and DIY for short break Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
but paradise for intermediates that like beautiful scenery and good food and wine at value prices.

sounds great. I have never knocked TOs, except for one dodgy experience with Inghams. Otherwise I have found good value and some excellent staff (in cheap places, on the whole, when we were paying for the whole family).[/quote]
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy