Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats your Every Day Carry (EDC) whilst skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
The snowboarder I killed last year just have no where else to put him Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm still advocating the Nordica Dual Seal. Pricey but obvious advantages.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I cannot believe Goats have not been mentioned.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stoatsbrother, don't be ridiculous - what size is your backpack anyway?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what about a beaver? Waterproof and you could use its teeth to dig in the snow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
priceyboy, expensive though, as an imported product.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, strapped to your back they make great body armour. All the rad freeskiers have them. Surprised you are out of the Loup wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As the originator of this trend, i feel it only fair to inform readers that i have since moved on to packing a baby tiger in my pack. It's the only way to teach those pesky snowboarders a lesson Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What an excellent idea FastEddie. Sabre-toothed I hope...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's the only way to inflict enough damage to force them off the slopes, PhillipStanton...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FastEddie, I suppose you have Chanel skis and a Prada backpack as well. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I find guinea pigs are far more satisfactory in day packs. Smell less than otters / badgers too.

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What about chipmunks I've heard there good singers
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
priceyboy wrote:

Dead hedgehogs hum a bit as well. Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JanA, nice. Useful if you lose a glove too...
snow report
I find a nice Coypu is a great compromise between a beaver and a tiger, the bugs have great teeth for warding of would be boarders, felling trees and for ice climbing. They are less squirly than your average ebeaver and a darn site easier to house train than a tiger. Show them a nice patch of powder and your friendly Coypu will be your ski bud all day long.

They are also great chick magnets when spending time apres skiing, the south american accent just has the ladies falling at your knees.
snow report
priceyboy wrote:

Music on the slope is very unsafe as it causes a distraction rolling eyes

If you must slide with music make sure you have the latest model chipmunk with the headphone socket.
ski holidays
who carries condoms?
snow report
red 27 wrote:
who carries condoms?

Mine are too heavy. wink
snow report
geepee, er... I didn't mean full ones.... spoo
ski holidays
I've heard that some people just wear a fox hat, but that strikes me as downright perverse.
ski holidays
Steve Sparks, Laughing
snow report
Steve Sparks wrote:

I've heard that some people just wear a fox hat

Yep – must be the ‘in’ headgear – snowboarding friend told me wear one when I was off to Cairngorm for the w/e.
snow report
Ryanair announce €8 charge (or €14 if not booked online) for transporting Badgers, Otters etc on their flights. Smaller mammals such as marmottes can be taken in hand luggage, but not in Grenoble.
snow conditions
Credit card, mobile phone, lip salve and, most importantly, my husband (as he carries everything else useful - bless him)
ski holidays
Skibb, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
typical contents of pockets include (other than the usual lift pass blah blah):
1 empty snickers wrapper
4 tescos receipts
lip balm - minus lid, plus pocket fluff
36 pence (GBP)
post it notes
packet of fishermans friends
happy meal toy
1 tempremental lighter
1 half eaten pain au lait
goat leash and collar
goat
snow conditions
Skibb, That's rediculous. Why can't I take a small badger in my hand luggage? What are these rip-off merchants thinking of. A small badger will certainly fit inside the 20 x 40 x 50 cm requirements. What am I going to do with a badger that I can't do with the swiss army knives available in Geneva Airport duty free*?

This year's essential items were 10 packed lunches - one of which had an extremely garlicky sausage. I got some funny looks (and sniffs) off people I shared lifts with...

* Really. I've lost count of the amount of penknives and other gadgets I've forgotten I had attached to my keyring, but then Geneva baggage control let you take a full sized swiss army knife - you know, the one with the tool for hijacking planes. I asked the shop keeper if I would actually be able to take the purchase through baggage control and she said 'yes, its ok because its swiss.'
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
What am I going to do with a badger that I can't...

Mouse grounds plane... http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1424162

Think what a larger rodent could do...
ski holidays
I know its a bit controversial, but I never hit the pistes without either my baby elephant or polar bear. The elephant is great for heliskiing, there is some power in those ears (i don't think Dumbo has ever been given the full credit he deserves for developing Elephant Heli-Skiing.) The polar bear is great as a back country guide and companion, will always keep you warm and ensure no boards bother you. The only problem is that they tend to be very grumpy in the morning so if you are getting up for first lifts you might have a bit of problem. I find him very hard to wake and sure there is nothing worse than skiing with a cranky bear in your bag! I know these lads mightn't suit everyone, there is the extra wieght issue, they take up extra room where you are staying but for me, I find they are perfect!
ski holidays
Dublinfella, the solution is straight forward enough. As many lifts discourage you wearing your backpack, simply put the one with the polar bear onto the chair in front and let the lifty at the top deal with the problem. The bear may well take out some of it's grumpyness on said liftie, leaving you and he/she to have a more relaxed time.
ski holidays
latest report
hobbiteater, I should point out that the badger is not a rodent, and therefore unlikely to go around nibbling on wiring, upholstery etc. Might have a go at small children though.
ski holidays
hobbiteater wrote:
Quote:
What am I going to do with a badger that I can't...

Mouse grounds plane... http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1424162

Think what a larger rodent could do...

I don't believe in rodents of unusual size.

As an aside, is it true that in a certain Zoo, if girls turn up with a cute Castor Canadensis, they are encouraged to get it out and show it to the boys?
latest report
Quote:
I don't believe in rodents of unusual size.

I think you might have to:

snow report
mmm tasty.
ski holidays
Set of 1-day contact lenses, and a couple of vials of that wetting solution. Small vial of arnica tablets.
snow report
Set of 1-day contact lenses, and a couple of vials of that wetting solution. Small vial of arnica tablets. (Small mountain mammals might need them with all these mad skiers around).
ski holidays
That polar bear sounds like Mrs Ordhan in the morning! Grear for clearing q's at lifts Toofy Grin Do chalet girls not have to carry condoms as standard in their backpacks Puzzled Twisted Evil

Goats hand down the provide milk and refreshment while skiing
ski holidays
sallywt, hey - thats my goat... Twisted Evil
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy