Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

calling small zookeeper - or anyone know if we could get an appointment today

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - sitting in my apartment in Bourg st M. Hubby's boots have fallen apart and he needs some new ones a.s.a.p. and has funny feet!
Is it worth jumping in the car to Chamonix now....
Anyone know if smallzookeeper is likely to be able to fit him in for a boot fitting without an appointment? If not we'll go to precision in Val d
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We'll have time this afternoon. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jayne durham,

this is their web-site with contact numbers...call the shop

http://www.foot-works.fr/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
damn! couple of seconds too late..thought Iwas going to be useful for once! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jayne durham, a trip to the Zoo would be well worthwhile, but if you can't get to Chamonix visit Nevada Sports in Tignes Le Lac (and try to get done by Franck if you can).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi small zookeeper - we tried to phone but you are shut! Any chance of ringing us quickly xxxx xxxxxx and we'll leave right away
Thanks jayne
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dont know why the GB symbol comes up - its a french mobile.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jayne durham, if Chamonix is too far away, Twinner Sports in La Rosiere (Philip Fresnois) have a good stock, they also fit conformable insoles but are very good at repairing boots as well, I find I have to take my old boots to them at least once a season.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oh how I love this site - took 5 mins to get it sorted...
Off to Chamonix...
will let you know how we get on.

Poor footworks... my hubby has VERY weird feet... you have a challenge!
xx
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tell Steve to ask for a pair of foamed liners. Might not be suitable for his feet, but you will enjoy the fitting process Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
how weird is weird?

we watched a programme last night about extreme A&E cases and there was one guy who fell into a cement mixer which ate him up. He now has a big toe from his severed foot stitched onto his hand in place of his thumb which they couldn't find!!!

I wonder if when he goes skiing he wears gloves or boots on his hands!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mods - might want to edit out jayne durham's phone number, as I guess she can't get to a computer right now....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Now thats service for you Cool !!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jayne durham, .... is Steve now a very happy bunny ..... ?
snow conditions
BernardC, Bourg to Chamonix? via Megeve that's got to be 2 hrs at least?
ski holidays
Yoda, .... from memory .... from my humble abode to a seat chez smallzookeeper, with a coffee in my hands was 2h:15 ... Laughing
snow report
P. S ..... A casual observation of your location, informs me that you are 'back in it' ..... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Yes, for now. Turkey was cold, wet and windy but no snow Sad
latest report
They're on their way back home. Fingers crossed.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

So...how "funny" were those feet then? Toofy Grin
snow report
Certainly a "Knobble" or two, time will tell, more worried about Jayne's BALLS! Shocked
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, .... mon dieu ..... Laughing
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I thought the secrets of the fitting room were like the secrets of the confessional!!!
snow conditions
Excuse me small zookeeper!!! I thought my balls were a safe secret with you!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the process at Footworks - and hey - they give you beer while you wait. Yes Rob - he has got injection liners.. Weird eh

Steve is now sitting looking at the boots.. Not sure what time he will actually have the nerve to try to get them on.
He really really has got weird feet - He must be the only person who has actually had surgery to try to shape his ankles to fit ski boots (2 years ago). Sadly though the sharp peak of bone they removed is starting to grow again.

Small zookeeper spent 3 hours trying to get him sorted (thanks so much sz). It was a long round trip - but if the boots are ok then it will have been well worth it. Will keep you posted.. Sure you all cant wait (not)

And may also tell you whether smallzookeeper has managed to solve the mystery that is..... my sore balls..... Laughing

xx
ski holidays
jayne durham wrote:
He must be the only person who has actually had surgery to try to shape his ankles to fit ski boots (2 years ago)

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
jayne durham wrote:
He must be the only person who has actually had surgery to try to shape his ankles to fit ski boots (2 years ago). xx

...... I mentioned to him then, that it may be much easier just to invest in new boots ...... Toofy Grin

Fingers crossed .... and hope he has a good day on the new ones today .... Very Happy
snow conditions
BernardC, I can understand (and fully encourage Toofy Grin ) some womens need and desire to have cosmetic surgery to enhance thier boosoms but a man having surgery to get ski boots to fit Confused .

jayne durham, Hope this works for him.

Have a friend who has just been to CEM and had custom liners and he raves about them. On my present list for next Xmas Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bump

jayne durham How did the boots work Confused Laughing
snow conditions
thefatcontroller wrote:
Bump

jayne durham How did the boots work Confused Laughing
Well.. the first day - crippled - second day just agony - next day just painful - .(SZK told him the new footbeds might have this effect) ... and to cut a long story short they seem great now - thanks SZK - you will be missed xx

To all who think he was mad having surgery - (horrid Bernard Evil or Very Mad )before it we are talking seriously pointed jutting out bits - the shape of the matterhorn really long and sharp. He had boots blown out but they still pressed on the tips.
I defy even SZK to have moulded a boot the shape they used to be. When SZK saw them they were probably a third the size they used to be. Strange genetic malfunction methinks inherited from mummy. Sadly the bone seems to be growing again.

No one laughed when Chemmy had her bunions done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway at least he is sorted for the moment.

Back home tomorrow Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy