Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wine or Water?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine or beer - and those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said, 'In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.'

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in faeces.

In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of shite.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Shite, Wine = Health

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of shite.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

Razz snowHead wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, i'm convinced.

*uncorks bottle of Sancerre*
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
northantsred,
Quote:

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in faeces.

That's 2.74 grammes a day....I don't think so. Can you imagine what that amount of bacteria would do to you? Puzzled

Still a good excuse to get p****d though. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll avoid both...because in Vodka there's fun Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in faeces.

Precisely - an interesting stat is that you have 1014 cellular organisms in your gut - about 10 times the number your body is composed of. E Coli form a part of this flora, is acquired within 40 hours of birth and is the primary facultative organism of the gut.

So find another excuse - such as water at tesco costing £1.15 / litre, beer only 50p / litre. Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OY, you've nicked my tagline!!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
northantsred wrote:

As Ben Franklin said, 'In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.'

I doubt Ben Franklin said that, since the existence of bacteria was unknown in his lifetime! NehNeh

A quick search ascribes this quote to someone called David Auerbach
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey guys, like any joke you need a GSOH and also the ability to allow for a little artistic licence to pass by.... wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy