Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere - Eating

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, a group of us are heading to Val D'Isere on 8th March and I was just wondering do any of you have some good recommendations for where to munch both on Piste and in the town at night?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what you want to eat - there is the potential to spend a small fortune, or something much more substantial for a far more reasonable price......

On the budget side of things - I would always recommend a trip to the Billabong for an early start to a night on the town - and then a trip to the Tocade on the way home Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dublinfella, where are you staying?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
For an evening meal, we found the Perdrix Blanche to be superb
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Since the demise of the 'Chalet du cret', I have a preference for the Perdix Blanche as well - great seafood....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I sometimes pop into Bananas for lunch - quieter than restaurants up the hill, and better value to, and not a big detour to get there (it's close to the Soliase chair and the Olympique gondola).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cna't remember excatly what it's called but we often ate lunch at the Val d'Isere creperie - follow the ski out area past précision and the medical centre, and it's about 5-0 yards walk down the left hand passageway
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On the mountain, my favourite place was always on top of Solaise - the place doesn't actually appear on the piste map, but you can't miss it...

Le Signal in Le Fornet used to have the best Van Chaud, and the Trifollet towards the bottom of the OK does good pizza....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We ate at somewhere near the chairs in the main bowl just over from the beginners lift, can't remember the name but it looks like quite an expensive hotel. Great food and not too expensive.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Signal is gorgeous for lunch.

Swirly, maybe Hotel Brussels? Expensive though. Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There was a nasty smell of drains in Trifollet a couple of weeks ago. Third vote for the Signal as a mountain Resto.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spikyhedgehog, dunno, we went there with Ross from friends and it wasn't too bad for pasta. OTOH you could have a full meal which wouldn't be cheap.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I often use the Marmottes restaurant for lunch. It's a the foot of the Marmottes (surprisingly) and Borsat Express lifts and it's as good value as you'll find anywhere in the Espace Killy.

The Grand Marnier bar is a must for aprés
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chalet Edelweiss in Le Fornet is the best place for lunch if money isn't a limiting factor, although the Formule is usually excellent and slightly better priced. Don't skip on desert. You do need to book ahead though. It's fabulous on a sunny day.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Also in Tigne (Val Claret) we ate at Le Praline a fair bit, cheap, nice and a gorgeous waitress Little Angel
latest report
The barbecue at the foot of the Madeline is pretty good as well, the steaks are the best buy. Be prepared to have them rare.

Also the Fromagerie in town is good in an evening, as long as you don't mind the smell of cheese. The raclette and also the pork sausages in onion sauce are good.
snow report
Pizza 2000 in Tignes Val Claret do an excellent calzone.
snow conditions
l'Arolay in le Fornet is proabaly worth a lunch-time visit too IMO.
snow report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4670
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=23666
snow report
If the weather is not good for sitting out then I can only recommend Le Trifollet on the bottom half of the OK run.
Particularly the upstairs restaurant, where you will probably have to book.
I can only recommend this, as we ate there every lunchtime of our week in Val.
That said the food and the atmosphere was supperb, although we did blow our budget!

http://www.letrifollet.com/gbsituation.html

snow report
hyweljenkins, we are staying in La Balme in Val D itself. It is just by the medical centre, or so I am told. To everyone else, big thanks for all the recommendations. Think we will be looking to keep some of the cash in the wallets, but I seems like it might be tough enough. Still great to hear there's some good crepes...the key to the happiness of the world! Very Happy
snow report
chips and gravy at Le Petit Danois!
snow report
Les Tufs restaurant at the foot of the piste at La Daille is very good - with a nice atmosphere and very reasonable prices.

They serve traditional (Savoie) fare and we paid about €13 each for a main course last season.
snow report
Mountain Restaurants

Edelwiese for me 0033479062634- just above le Fornet- excellent food at only a fraction over 'self' prices- liguine and scallops, foie gras and figs, great wines by the glass and fab puds including crumble- beautiful building.....I can't think of anything I'd like to change.

La fruitiere 0033479060717 booking essential- fantastic food on the mountain crazy service/food a bit expensive but worth every penny- (which you save on the free wc) lamb and lignon beans, duck shepards pie, cheese.........roast chicken

Trifolet for pizzas but not in th esame league as the first two

In Town

Sorry but IMO the Perdix Blanche is really quite dull -standard boring menu pizza/pasta/pierre chaud/fondue/steak/ (OK some nice sea food)- full of Brits- stuffed ptarmigan add interest. but after some nice stops at teh Edelwiese/ Fruitiere/Trifolet who needs supper?
snow conditions
ps if I remember sitting out at Triffolet difficult due to lack of sun- I prefer downstairs in front of the fire.

Fruitiere next to/part of a good self service- La Folie Douche- band playing on the roof/ eccentric decor but food average.
Pizza 2000 at Val Claret quite good- also full of Brits/ ski hosts take groups there alot

Edelwiese no ski hosts no groups/reps don't eat free- the food is good enough for people to want to go there did I mention the marc de savoie?
ski holidays
Grand Marnier Bar, you can actually get tipsy eating the crepes and thats just for lunch Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy