Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbühel Conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Good Morning snowheads....

Just wondering if anybody has been out in Kitzbühel recently.
We're getting married out there at the start of March and the place looks like it needs a visit from the snow fairies.

Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's OK not fantastic but certainly pretty good. I was there w/e before last and it was only slushy at the very lowest point
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yikes!! Wonder what it will be like in three weeks? Come on snow fairies, do your thing!..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bring on the snow please!!! Heading to Kitzbuhel next weekend and getting a bit nervous as the forecast looks like its going to get milder towards the weekend Confused

http://en.kitzbuehel.com/service/weather/weather-forecast.htm
http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich/tirol/kitzbuehel/

fingers crossed the forecast is totally wrong.
Will report back when I get home.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kaiserchief, please do report back - we're off there in March hoping for better conditions than our green hills last year Confused http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=23220&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=grass+report&start=0
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kaiserchief, I second cathy, 's request. Please let us know the runs are fairing up..Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep any report would be greatefully received thanks.

The long range forecast looks like there's a bit precipitation around leading up to weekend of 1/2 March but it might be rain rather than snow - lets hope the precip stays in the forecast and the freezing level drops.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think this covers the Kitzbuhel area:

Looks like it could get colder and it could be snow not rain, dare I hope! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dingdong, Friends are in the SkiWelt area down the road and report conditions holding up very well - considering it's been a while since a dump - with excellent skiing... Very cold temps are allowing extensive snow making to keep all runs in decent nick
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We're off to Zell on the 1st from the GFS charts a the mo (i.e. the one above), it's looking possible that it might shape up nicely! Would just like the temp lines on March 3rd to move into closer agreement, although I know it's too far out to be sure at the moment.

D
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
red 27, Thanks for that.. I was a bit worried about it as we've brought about 50 people over for the wedding and a lot of them, most in fact have never skied before.
I sure they're sick us raving about it but it would be great if they had half decent conditions so that get to see what its all about. Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dingdong, I think the only thing you'll miss is that picture-postcard image of the whole valley blanketed by snow. They'll be plenty of green patches, but those lovely Tiroleans will have been keeping the actual runs nice and white... I'll try to find out if they're skiing right down to resort in Scheffau.

anyway, the forecast is starting to look much more snowy for the start of March, so it could be a White Wedding (geddit?)

snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, Thanks! Very Happy Thats what I want to hear! Smile snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hey dingdong

Report back on conditions at kitz, Im planning to go there on the 10th March, need to know what current conditions are like before I start booking things, cheers dude

The Mongoose
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mongoose, We'll be flying out on the 6th so will try and post something when we get over. Smile
snow report
dingdong, are you organising skiing for 50 people? Shocked

What a great idea. Taking over the ski school?? Please tell us how it all goes, not just about the state of the snow.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
dingdong, are you organising skiing for 50 people? Shocked

What a great idea. Taking over the ski school?? Please tell us how it all goes, not just about the state of the snow.

Haha ... No way! Are you mad.. I'd say about half of the wedding party will be skiing..

It's bad enough trying to organize a wedding in a different country never mind organizing everyone's skiing as well! Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

It's bad enough trying to organize a wedding in a different country never mind organizing everyone's skiing as well!

Well, that's rather what I thought, but it sounds a heap more fun than the usual dreary repetition of everything that everyone else does and waiting around in unsuitable clothes an uncomfortable shoes (far more uncomfortable than ski boots... Evil or Very Mad ) for the photographer to stop poncing around. People are going to remember your wedding.... snowHead
snow report
pam w, Hopefully for the right reasons!! Smile
ski holidays
dingdong, even if it's for the wrong reasons, better than being forgotten! I once took my kids on a sailing holiday in Scotland in March. We drove through a foot of snow on the A9 on the way to Inverness and they asked why we weren't going skiing. Good question. They didn't forget that holiday. Twisted Evil Character building.
snow conditions
dingdong, when is your wedding? Wondering if we'll be there at the same time - looking out for a group of 50 Brits! Shocked Toofy Grin
snow conditions
cathy, Second week in March... The group is mostly Irish but there will be a few Brits.. wink
ski holidays
That's when we're there! I'll have a pocketful of confetti just in case Very Happy

Ah, your group'll all be in Flannigans then wink Toofy Grin
snow report
Is there beer there? Then thats where we'll be! .... Toofy Grin Now back to my snow dance! Smile
snow conditions
we are off to zell am see on the 1st of march has any one got an update on the conditions out there and is there any sign of some fresh snow landing before we do on Saturday need to test out my new skis
ski holidays
No no no!! The expected snow this coming weekend looks like its going to be rain, with those warm temps now forecast Evil or Very Mad

Looks like there's a big dump due 4/5 March with cold temps though Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy so there should be some nice new snow for us. But then look at the temps rise from 8th onwards! Evil or Very Mad I hope only some of all that happens (ie. the cold snowy bits Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
NNNNnnnoooooooooooo! Crying or Very sad Come on, Snow Dance everybody, Snow Dance!
ski holidays
Im off to Kitz today and being watching the weather closely. this looks promising http://www.bergfex.com/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/wetter/

Ill give an update when I get back.

At the moment any snow is better than last season

Simon
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stokey1964, enjoy! I hope the conditions are good for you. By the way, there's an internet cafe opposite Flanagans bar wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Cathy, where are you getting such a long range forecast?
snow report
levart, from the chart I posted above. Which of course changes every 6 hours, so now not showing the high temps from the 8th but still showing signs of precipitation Very Happy
snow conditions
I'm out in Kitz 15-22nd March, getting rather nervous that there'll be nothing left but some morning ice by the time we get there! Hoping for some snow later next week judging by the charts but not sure it will reach very low... any interim snow reports welcome.

By the way, about this snow dancing: I'm worried that it never seems to work. Thinking about it further I'm worried that maybe it's because the combined heat generated by all the snow dancers is contributing to global warming and reducing our chance of snow - so how about we all try NOT snow dancing this year and see what happens? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
AlexF, the base is good and is holding up well and the resort knows how to manage the snow. I imagine that time will be reasonably quiet (unless it's Easter or something), in which case you can potter up to the Pass Thurn end where the snow will be much better (you can do that if it's busy too, of course, but those slopes will be everyone's choice by then, unless things change).
snow report
AlexF, You could be on to something there.. I think I'll stick to doing The Robot instead.. Razz
latest report
Just checked the Kitz WebCams. I may be crazy but I think it's snowing!.. Not in the village mind you but up on the mountain.. Smile
ski holidays
Woohooo - I hope so! I looked earlier and was trying to convince myself that all that cloud and poor visibility meant snow snowHead

I think we're going to be alright and there WILL be fresh snow for us by the time we go, even on the lower runs snowHead

There - how optimistic was that!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
OK - I know we're not meant to look at Metcheck wink but I did get very excited by all the black lines next Tuesday/Wednesday (ignore the blue before then!) http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=6 Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
cathy, looks like a lot of rain over the weekend though. Puzzled
latest report
dingdong, ignore that! wink Anyway, it'll probably be snowing up on top
snow report
According to netweater.tv, snow is forecast for the next several days. I've never heard of the site, but I'm sure it's most reliable.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy