Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine / Les Gets pass?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be skiing for a couple of weeks in Morzine & Les Gets next month. Is there a photo required for the lift pass, and what are the pass options? Not sure if the course I'm doing will take my any further afield than those resorts, so are there resort-only passes available, or would it be better for me to get a PdS region pass?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a Les Gets/Morzine pass which will require a photo over 8 days. Not sure about PdS one. I would check with course organizer in case going up to Avoriaz.
Normally would say there is plenty to do on local pass for 2 weeks but as off piste well tracked you may want to go further.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got Les Gets/Morzine passes for myself and the missus - is there an affordable supplement to pay in order to 'upgrade' a pass to a full PDS pass if the skiing isn't as good as we'd hoped?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, 7 days M/LG €156, PDS €211, PDS day pass €39. If you really, really are going to stay local you may be better off with a M/LG pass. I just think it's unlikely. Even Morzine BASS do a lot of work up in Avoriaz.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, the course is with BASS. I've emailed them, but no response so far. Anyone know how much 12-day passes cost? The Morzine website only lists up to 7 days.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, When I did my course with BASS Les Gets I bought a full PdS Pass and skied in Avoriaz and further on the first Sunday before the course and the middle weekend, it didn't seem to cost much more IIRC. We never left the Les Gets/Morzine area during the course though. Here is the PdS price list: http://www.portesdusoleil.com/image/pdf/Tarifs_2007-2008.pdf
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, thanks. I've got a couple of days in Les Arcs to warm up and probably won't ski the middle weekend (Child Protection is on the Saturday, and I might need a bit of a rest and the opportunity to wash my smalls on the Sunday Smile)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Are you doing the course in Morzine or Les Gets?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les Gets is where it's based, although I presume we'll wander a bit between the two resorts looking for appropriate terrain.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, That means you'll be having in all probability Hugh Monney taking the course. There are a few things you definitely need to know. I'll PM you.
There's an Instructor from Hemel called Sean on the same course, has a Chalet in Morzine, nice guy, you'll get on fine.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
Les Gets is where it's based, although I presume we'll wander a bit between the two resorts looking for appropriate terrain.

If it's Hugh, you'll spend most of the time on Mt. Chery
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, Sean Carroll? He's in the same group as me (I think BASS are running at least two L2 courses during March).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, have a look at http://boutique.pleney.com/boutique/liste_rayons.cfm

It's an online booking site that will give you all the prices. These are online prices tho, for collecting the pass at the Pleney lift in Morzine. The lift pass will be a bit dearer if you buy in resort, but at least it gives you an idea.

12 days for PDS is 305 euros, and you can look at all the permutations you might want. I assume there must be a website to book a lift pass and collect it in Les Gets, but I can't find one.

If you do manage to book online, you will have to email or post a photograph to them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Yes, Sean Carroll. I think you probably met him at Hemel.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ooh, rob@rar, just found www.sagets.fr. try that.
ski holidays
 monster77
monster77
Spyderman wrote:
rob@rar, Yes, Sean Carroll. I think you probably met him at Hemel.

Yeah, probably while his stood in the middle of the slope whilst giving a lesson rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy