Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes Du Soleil Lift Passes?

Poster: A snowHead
Just found out I'm going on saturday to Avoriaz! Do I need to take a passport photo for my lift pass? I've checked out the Avz website but it seems a bit confusing, to me anyway? They refer to a hands free pass but when paying for the pass at the office it asks for a photo?? Help please.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, you will not need a photograph. Leave hands free pass in pocket and swipe through turnstiles.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As Roy says, no photo needed. They may ask for one if your pass is over 8 days (as in Les Gets) - if you didn't have one with you they usually have a camera in the tourist info office to take a quick mugshot.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Armitageblue, Being unduly cautious, last time (some years ago but it's still going strong, well, it's only delaminating a bt) I actually bought a new PDS pass I needed to give them a passport photo that they then took a piccy of with their webcam (??!?). I would not like to turn up at the caisse to find I needed a picture having queued for a long time. And no picture machine nearby. My recollection is that 3 days & over you get a photo on your pass. Surely you have a colour printer at work and some party snaps on your laptop/flickr/etc.?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
photo for >6 days iirc.

Just take your passport along, they'll scan / photo the photo there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Take your passport - they will scan the photo if they need it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
doctor_eeyore, PhillipStanton, excellent idea (now why didn't I think of that?? doh!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhillipStanton, good idea, I think we even had our passports in our pockets that day..........(doh from us too)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch, the only time I needed a photo was for a season pass. It is incidentally not an actual photo they require, they get a copy of your mug (in my case it was my passport) and it is printed onto the back of the lift pass. The lift pass was not inspected by anyone for the season.

PhillipStanton, sorry I should have read you most valid post!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah, good to know this. I'm off to Morzine next Sat. Presumably the same applies.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roy Hockley, the reason they don't inspect your pass is that your photo appears on screen in the lifty's hut when it gets scanned. They will occasionally look up to check that the face on screen matches the face going through the gate. If it doesn't, "au revoir lift pass".

I haven't actually bought a new PDS pass (for more than a day) in some years so my "photo needed" intel is a little out of date. My PDS pass is beginning to look a little tired. Delaminating all over the place.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Murdoch, Interesting! Will look at growing a beard my new man boobs are a more recent feature since my passport was issued, that should totaly confuse them!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This year was the first time we were asked for a photo in Les Gets for 9 day pass.....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch wrote:
Roy Hockley, the reason they don't inspect your pass is that your photo appears on screen in the lifty's hut when it gets scanned. They will occasionally look up to check that the face on screen matches the face going through the gate. If it doesn't, "au revoir lift pass".

They have a similar setup for long duration passes in Saalbach, the lift pass booths even have little windows in them to stick your mug through so they can snap you with their camera. Plus there's the added bonus that it's not only the lifties that see the pic but the entire lift line as some of the bigger access points also have the screens hanging from the ceiling above the turnstiles Shocked Of course, how they match up a bare mugshot to someone wearing helmet & goggles is anyone's guess.
latest report
FenlandSkier, Be careful what you say, this may very well be the most important reason to wear a helmet wink wink wink . Not suggesting that a lift pass was transferable.
ski holidays
Roy Hockley wrote:
FenlandSkier, Be careful what you say, this may very well be the most important reason to wear a helmet wink wink wink

Toofy Grin My biggest worry TBH wasn't the helmet & goggles but trying to work out where the moustache on the liftpass had come from Shocked
snow report
Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy