Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My existing goggles have just about had it as they're scratched to bits and the frames are slight cracked.

Recommendations of some new ones please. Budget probably up to about 60 GBP unless someone has very good (non style related) reasons to go higher. How easy is it to buy an extra set of lenses for them at the same time I buy the actual goggles ?

Incidentally anyone used the Oakley store in Covent Garden ? Didn't know it existed until I walked past it the other day.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No word about this?

I wear sunglasses unless it snows, so a budget of 60 quid/CHF 125 is kindof pushing it for me, but opinions/reasons what makes a more expensive goggle better are most welcome!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I too like to wear sunnies unless the vis goes down then turn to goggles. Like my oakleys as they do give very good clarity and deffinition in flat light conditions. I would think you can pick up a decent pair for £60 ish especially if fashion isnt dependant.

One of the older stlys from Oakley or other brand, its often possible to buy spare lenses for them so might be worth while picking one of those up at the same time. bought my old oakley goggles in whistler a few years ago and paid around £40 Smile They dont owe me anything and when the time comes will probably just buy a new pair.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In the category of Face fit:

Does the goggle frame maintain a good seal at the bridge of the nose, at the cheekbones, at the brow and temples, without air gaps?
Does it squeeze one part of the face more than the other?
Does it fit with the helmet (if worn):
Does the helmet close off the goggle vents,
Does the helmet push the goggles down onto the nose
Is there a gap between the helmet and the goggles at the top (brow)? At the upper corners (temples)?
Is the strap long enough to fit round the (possibly size XXXXL) helmet?
Is the strap wide enough or resilient enough not to slide out of the rear/side retention channels?
At the strap-to-goggle frame join, does the geometry allow for the thickness of the helmet, or does the helmet make the strap tension useless by keeping the goggle off the face?
Does the frame depth provide for enough clearance of the eyebrows and eye lashes?
Does the frame depth block peripheral vision? Is it obtrusive?

I'll leave the categories of Optics and Spare Parts Avaliability and Warranty to others.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy