Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne to Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
I have heard that is possible to get cross country from La Plagne to Courchevel. Is this possible??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can see Courchevel from parts of La Plagne but I don't think it is possible to make the journey completely on ski's
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin Thanks, it must just be an urban legend. Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Great view of 1850 from the Glacier
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tobymory, Not so fast, I reckon someone will be along with a route Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Best view imho is from the terrace of the bar near the Borseliers lift Very Happy (Cheap crepes as well!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, Don't eat crepes, they are fattening Shocked Laughing Laughing Not explored that end of La Plagne much but will in March.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin wrote:
Best view imho is from the terrace of the bar near the Borseliers lift Very Happy (Cheap crepes as well!)

Can't wait to try the crepes. I hope to arrive ready for 1st lift Saturday (Traffic permitting) Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller wrote:
boredsurfin, Don't eat crepes, they are fattening Shocked Laughing Laughing Not explored that end of La Plagne much but will in March.

Pierre Blanche near Dos Rond great crepes as well Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
tobymory, While sat on the terrace eating the crepes Courchevels most noticeable feature is the Runway of the Altiport. Very Happy Whilst there visit the upstairs loo it must have one of the best views of any loo in the Alps from it's window Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, Loos and crepes. Do you actually ski Confused wink Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller wrote:
boredsurfin, Loos and crepes. Do you actually ski Confused wink Laughing

Only from restaurant to restaurant Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsufin, Looking forward to going to the loo Puzzled rolling eyes . Any recommendation for eating out? Staying in Belle Plagne.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tobymory wrote:
boredsufin, Looking forward to going to the loo Puzzled rolling eyes . Any recommendation for eating out? Staying in Belle Plagne.

Sorry, never stayed or eaten in Belle Plagne try a forum search (click Search all terms) as I vaguely recall someone posting about where to eat IN BP.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, thanks I'll look now. Smile
ski holidays
tobymory, depends what you mean by cross country...from LP you can ski down to Champagny, which is only 20 mins by road from le Praz...
Most winters you can ski down to Bozel from Courchevel, and if you were quick after a low snowfall you could almost certainly make it down to Bozel from the Mont Jovet (short walk from the LP lift system), so that would qualify; might need some sacrificial skis though its mostly grass underneath... Or you could head from the top of the LP lifts down the Cul de Nant Glacier to Champagny le Haut, skin up and over the Col de la Grande Casse to Pralognan, then skin up & over the Petit Mont Blanc/Col de Mone to Courch? (bit more serious cross-country there)
snow report
offpisteskiing, sounds beyond my simple skills but thanks for the info. Very Happy
snow report
tobymory, La Plagne restaurant thread is here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34049

It really is a very good resort for eating out, IMO - we didn't have a bad meal. And the skiing is of course wonderful snowHead
Have a good holiday!
ski holidays
tobymory, .... it's not an urban legend ..... wink

offpisteskiing, has listed one or two ....

jonpim, jonpim junior, and myself made an epic journey from La Roche (La Plagne) to the Waffle Seller in Val Thorens in January .... Very Happy Yummy waffys ... Laughing

There is another route which I am not going to mention until I have done it next month, depending on conditions, as it involves a certain amount of danger, but it is definitely possible.
snow report
BernardC wrote:

There is another route which I am not going to mention until I have done it next month, depending on conditions, as it involves a certain amount of danger, but it is definitely possible.

Is that the 'rollerblading from Champagny -le-Haut down to Bozel' option? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
tobymory wrote:
Staying in Belle Plagne.

Lucky, lucky man. Fantastic location for getting around the resort. Enjoy Cool Cool
latest report
BernardC,
Quote:

jonpim, jonpim junior, and myself made an epic journey from La Roche (La Plagne) to the Waffle Seller in Val Thorens in January .... Yummy waffys

and we still await the trip report wink
snow conditions
offpisteskiing wrote:

Is that the 'rollerblading from Champagny -le-Haut down to Bozel' option? Toofy Grin

...... not quite .... Laughing .... but an airborne version .... wink
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:

and we still await the trip report wink

jonpim was to do the report ..... Shocked

..... but here's a 'taster' ... of a successful mission .....

..... yum ... yum .... Laughing

This epic journey has also been recorded by GPS for posterity & re-visiting purposes .... Toofy Grin
snow report
BernardC, Nudge jonpim if you speak to him his report is overdue Toofy Grin
latest report
boredsurfin, I hear reports he was out on the sauce last night so it may be delayed a bit longer yet wink
snow conditions
Did you also eat the owner of the glasses in that final photo?
snow report
rob@rar, ..... fffh, fffh, fffh, ..... nothing like having friends for dinner ... with a nice Chianti ..... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BernardC, I hope jonpim managed to stay on his feet that day. He seemed to be having trouble when we all met up Razz
snow report
thefatcontroller, Leaving in a few hours, can't wait...... snowHead
snow report
tobymory, .... have fun .... Very Happy
snow conditions
Met a mountian guide in Villaroger in December who had toured across from the 3V and all the way across the Paradiski area in a day - not sure which route he took though, or how many taxis - he was searching out routes himself....
snow report
tobymory, .... I should have mentioned that it is possible to get a bus from Champagny-en-Vanoise at about 10:45, to Brides les Bains, where you can get the Olympic bubble to Meribel. Return by the reverse route, BUT I believe this can only be done on a Sunday. Check Champagny tourist office confirm.
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
tobymory, While sat on the terrace eating the crepes Courchevels most noticeable feature is the Runway of the Altiport. Very Happy Whilst there visit the upstairs loo it must have one of the best views of any loo in the Alps from it's window Toofy Grin

Never mind the view, there's a loo on the slopes in La Thuile that is so amazingly clean, one could probably eat a crepes off about any surface one could choose.... Shocked Laughing The one next to Roxy's for anyone that knows the place.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy