Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bodies of unidentified skiers found in la Grave

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The bodies of two skiers were found yesterday evening at the foot of a couloir in la Grave, one in the vallon d’Orcière at 2000m, the other 100m higher up at the foot of the cliff face. The police have yet to identify the men, as they had no identity papers and no one has been reported missing in either la Grave or les Deux Alpes. ...It is not clear what happened, but one theory the police are working on is that the men were in les Deux Alpes and skied over to la Grave by mistake.

If you have any information that could help, contact the Gendarmerie at la Grave.

Source: http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0810-mystery-of-dead-skiers-la-grave/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not a good place to get lost
in fact that area is a perfect illustration of why you should not follow other people's tracks. i'm not sure if there is a way through without using ropes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, I hadn't appreciated that it was possible to ski to LG from LDA by mistake. Quite a hike over, even with the piste-basher tow, when we did it. I take it the unfortunate skiers would have been skirting around lower down?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles,

Have to agree, Difficult to see how anybody could get lost from LDA in LG Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kwakazx6r wrote:
achilles,
Difficult to see how anybody could get lost from LDA in LG Confused

Link to LDA piste map.
http://www.igluski.com/resortMap.cfm?methd=pistemap&rid=64

Looks like the run down from the top Jandri station (before you go up the top glacier and to the piste-basher tow) goes very much in the direction of La Grave. Haven't done the run so I don't know if it is well fenced off at the bottom of the cul-de-sac to prevent such a mishap - it should be!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 13-02-08 23:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, well, i would tend to agree with you, but who knows?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JanA,

See what you mean, The run is 'Signal' I think ? Cant remember from last year if its cleraly fenced off at the bottom, although I think the bottom lift last year was shut Confused
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JanA, kwakazx6r, it is Signal, & it is clearly fenced off (or was when we were there last March) & it's pretty obvious that the chair up is the way out... you wouldn't just carry on down by accident.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
going off the bottom of that run wouldn't funnel you into Orcieres either
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JanA, You couldn't ski off the bottom of there, though you could fall off it if you climbed over the barrier netting and tried really hard. Wouldn't take you anywhere near La Grave though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, youre quite clearly mistaken... unfortunately, these two guys have ended up in the grave!!!

igmc Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is an update here on Pistehors today by davidof, ......

It's a sad, tragic and utter waste of life. What price a guide now?

I get very angry sometimes at just how casual some treat the mountains, especially at La Grave. That's not the only tale of woe. Read also on Pistehors about the Belgian boarders at La Grave.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yes - very sad

not sure exaclty where they were but when I skied the left side of Orcieres a while back there was a sign warning people not to proceed without mountaineering equipment. our route required 2 abseils (one pretty long) and was spectacular but clearly not a place to find yourself with no kit
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy