Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long weekend in Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
After struggling with the flights for St Anton. We've now booked flights from 13/03-17/03.

The problem I'm now faced with is accommodation in Verbier.

They all seem to be saying that nothing is available for this period. I guess this is because it's not booked for a full week.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jumping Jack Flash, Have you tried Le Chable instead ? One of the gondolas starts from there to Verbier and on up the mountain. I believe that it has been recommended here before as more likely to get less than a week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jumping Jack Flash, I'm there from the 1st to the 4th - but it was tough to find anything and it cost a few CHF's. I do know that the Rotonde, the Bristol and the Kings Parc all take short break bookings, but I'm guessing you're tried them.

You're flying to Geneva right, so you've got other options resort-wise. Somewhere in the PdS might more sense - or Villars, or Crans?, Chamonix... etc

You might get in a chalet at the last minute - there's a website, chaletsdirect I think, where punters and owners are supposedly united, but I got nothing from it the couple of times I tried for short breaks.

Good Luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
geepee wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash, Have you tried Le Chable instead ? One of the gondolas starts from there to Verbier and on up the mountain. I believe that it has been recommended here before as more likely to get less than a week.
I'll try it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jumping Jack Flash, but... it's a ghastly dump down in the valley with none of the Verbier atmosphere - IMO
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jumping Jack Flash, I did five days in Rotonde in Dec, but I think it is just a really busy time with most things booked up. You can not even book a full week and forget about a few days because your dates straddle a two weeks of standard block booking periods. Your only hope is a Wed - Wed cupboard apartment in Tignes Shocked or a trip to Morzine Blush

Edit - Le Chables may be a better chance for accomm but I would not want to be there on a lads trip if you had Verbier/StAnton main strip in mind. The bus must take 30 - 40 mins to get up the hill and I have no idea how you would get down the hill at 3 am. In which case you had better be a good looking lad otherwise you will be sleeping in a phone box every night. Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.thebunker.ch/ cheap, cheerful but far from high end
http://www.mountainbeds.com/ good for weekends
http://www.peakski.co.uk/ useful if no Warren Smith courses that week
http://www.skiverbier.com/ get the black Amex out
http://www.les4vallees.com/ not cheap, but usually prepared to do weekends etc.
http://www.chaletdadrien.com/ see both above.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27, I'm biased:
It's a real swiss mountain village, still farming orientated with genuine charm and friendly locals.
Thankfully it has none of the Verbier atmosphere.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, Yes - I guess that's the other way of looking at it... My sweeping generization was made despite never having stayed there... Confused

BGA, good range there from the Bunker (which has no windows!) to Chalet Adrien
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BGA, thanks buddy. Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jumping Jack Flash, CAn I also suggest
http://www.skiextra.co.uk/ lovely nosh, and obviously nice people. Have heard the fella behind it is a bit odd, but the lady of the house is a cracker Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 14-02-08 12:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, that link is not good.... comma at the end, use the one from Parlors signature
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have some friends looking for 2 double rooms Feb 28 for 3 nights, having already booked flights to GVA without realising it was French hols. Just called Mountain Beds to enquire - the only option they could offer is a 4 bed apartment, £2000+ for the weekend - self catering ... OUCH! That's just ridiculous, would love to know who takes that up.

Me thinks they won't be going to Verbier
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the info everyone. I'm sure I'll get something out of this lot.

Cheers
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
parlor, `Whatt you huffing about ? You're full! Confused

Frosty the Snowman, Didn'y know you'd been to Verbier !
latest report
parlor, my apologies, I thought everyone would know about www.skiextra.co.uk which is why I didn't include it in the list. Of course I still await the invite to sample your chef's fine cuisine and have the run of your cellar before I can offer a full endorsement
snow conditions
rayscoops, I'm in the Rotund for a few days in March - is it any good?
latest report
red 27, it is very very central, the rooms are ok and I think each have a balcony, breakie is typical bread/cheese etc., free coffee facilities in the reception, free internet in the reception, ski room, ......but no bar or restaurant. I think you get discount on hire in the hire shop below,

oh yeh, and the hosts from the sister chalet http://www.skiextra.co.uk/ offer free ski guide services twice a week Laughing
snow conditions
rayscoops wrote:
red 27, oh yeh, and the hosts from the sister chalet http://www.skiextra.co.uk/ offer free ski guide services twice a week Laughing

Marvellous - I'll speak to the Great Man nearer the time to make sure he's punctual in the morning to ferry me up to Medran wink

Thanks for the review - does the sound of debauchery from the Farinet disturb the peace in the Rotonde?
latest report
red 27 wrote:
does the sound of debauchery from the Farinet disturb the peace in the Rotonde?

not if you are in the Farinet wink
ski holidays
rayscoops, Laughing
ski holidays
Agenterre wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Didn'y know you'd been to Verbier !
I haven't. Just working the brownie points, should I get the chance Cool
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, ... Double Tick ! wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy