Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Manchester Budget Airport Parking - £1.99 a day. Anyone used them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of booking these fellas for my trip to La Tania next month - Manchester Budget Airport Parking http://www.rcpbudgetairportparking.co.uk/?gclid=CLn3kajmwJECFRQnEAodfj8ANw

£1.99 a day. You park your own car and keep your keys (so no returning to find 20 miles extra on the clock and a scrape down the side!).

I've a website full of reviews for them - 99 excellent reviews for every one bad one, so all seems well, but thought i'd see if i could get any first hand experience from fellow snow heads.

Ta
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not surpised it's cheap, it's MILES from the airport!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt wrote:
I'm not surpised it's cheap, it's MILES from the airport!

But it is about halfway between my house and the airport, so the distance to the actual airport is no great shakes as i'd be driving it myself anyway if the car park was closer.

Besides, it's only a short hop down the M56 - about 15 mins. This is nothing really. Drop your car off, hop on the bus, get dropped off at the airport in 15 mins. No hassle.

The car park i normally use is much closer to the airport, but the transfer still takes about 15 mins because the bus has to go through a few of the surrounding villages so the journey is much slower.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
magic_hat, if it is half way between home and airport, then couldn'y you just leave your car at home, get a cab to car park then courtesy bus to airport, then tip courtesy bus driver to drop you back home on return?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alicecat, Erm, Because that would cost me a shed load more than £14. Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
magic_hat, do you not have a railway station near you? I.e. is it not worth looking at getting the train
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt wrote:
magic_hat, do you not have a railway station near you? I.e. is it not worth looking at getting the train

Had thought of that...

A) £14 for the parking, divided by 2 people = £7 each. Trains to Manchester Airport approx £16 each.

B) Getting to the station, chopping and changing 3 different trains and lugging bags and skis and ski boots around is not an appealing thought!

C) Trains are rubbish and unreliable.

D) The clincher.... I need to be at Manchester Airport for 7am. Trains don't start where i live until after this.

I actually thought that, for the ease and convience of ditching your car and getting taken to the airport and dropped off, £14 was a pretty good price.... I take it I'm on my own with that!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
magic_hat, sounds pretty good to me if it's already on your way Very Happy as you say, probly take you about as long to get from the airport car park to the terminal on the meandering buses!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
magic_hat, sounds pretty good to me. It's a £20 taxi ride each way for me, but I'd have to drive past the airport to hget to that place :S
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thought i would just update this thread incase anyone doing a search stumbles across it and is considering parking at this place...

The bottom line is.... DON'T.

Getting there was fine. The place was easy to find, you park your car yourself, take your keys, hop on a bus and get delivered to the airport. Brilliant.

Coming back was an absolute nightmare.

I get my luggage, pass through customs and call the number on the card that they gave me. "No problem Miss Roberts, I'm on my way to the airport now. We pick up from the train station, by the time you reach it I should be there".

I get to the station and wait about 2 minutes before the minibus pulls up. About 30 people make a bee-line for a mini bus that holds less than 20. The guy starts trying to take names so that he can cross reference with his list, but then gives up and just starts loading luggage on a first come, first served basis - i.e. the people who happened to be waiting furthest from where the bus pulled up have no chance of getting on, even though a few of them had been waiting longest. It comes to my turn to load up but the luggage compartment is full. "What's your surname?" "Roberts" "Yeah, you're on my list, but i can't get you in. We've got a problem with our phone lines so lots of people are not getting through. It's meaning that when we arrive we're finding more people waiting that we can fit in the bus. I'll get another bus despatched, it will be here in 20 minutes".

We wait 20 minutes. After 30 minutes, another bus pulls up - at the opposite end of the layby. Everybody legs it to the bus knowing what is about to happen (there are already more people again than will fit in a minibus). It comes to my turn and he asks for my name. "Roberts" "Sorry, you are not on my list, you'll have to wait for the next bus". He moves my luggage to the side and starts loading someone else (who has only been waiting 5 mins but is named on his list). "Erm, excuse me. I didn't get on the last bus because that was full, and now you're telling me i can't get on your either?" "No sorry, i'm only taking people whose names are on my list" "But i was on the list of the bus before yours" "well that's not my problem".

I kick off and eventually he agrees to takes us, but me and my luggage have to go in the front with him. On the way back to the car park he explains about the phones being crap and about how 2 buses are out of service broken and how 1 driver hasn't bothered to come in to work. He then tells us how he has been working since 10pm the night before (it's now 4pm the next day!).

So basically, i am on the motorway sat in a van being driven by someone who has been working for 18 hours straight through the night and with no sleep since the day before. Oh my God.

Morals of the story? "You pay for what you get" and "If it's too good to be true, it is".
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
magic_hat, Shocked scary stuff! We were once picked up from the airport by a taxi driver in much the same state....I was terrified all the way home after he nodded off at the wheel and clipped the kerb at one point!! Driven ourselves ever since and we're lazy so always park on airport for ease so have never experienced anything like your trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy