Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

On piste good intermediate short turning ski

Poster: A snowHead
Yet another "what ski for me?" question

On piste only, all pisted runs (no off-piste, no bumps)
Good intermediate
Short turns
5'7" 85Kg

thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hobbiteater, Never know what 'levels' really mean .... but I've found the Fischer RX-8 has 'grown' with me ( probably other way around!) .... probably a 170 , but 165 may suit ... its a ski whi gives 'feedback' at my level of incompetence ...

I ski 170 . but taller with a short ( 255???) sole ..similar weight
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hobbiteater, Stoeckli Laser SC - I hired them for a few days and they blew my mind...

these are they - I've recommended them before on here... the best fun. You just do 1000's of turns for the hell of it - you'll never want to str8line anything again.. wink

http://www.ski-review.com/content/view/652/30/

Not easy to source over here though I think...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I have a pair of these bought new dirt cheap from SkiBilek

http://www.ski-review.com/content/view/515/30/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MOvement flame Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27, hired some stockli's last year - swiss made - nuff said Very Happy

thanks for other suggestions all
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Slalom racer it is.

Most popular brands should do... Nordica Dobermann SL is waaaaay popular here in Wengen. Stoeckli Laser SL next. Atomic SL12 etc etc etc
Matter of taste Smile

Movement flame... likely a bloody cool ski, but its not a slalom ski, its never gonna turn as short as a slalom raceski.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Volkl Racetigers.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Head Supershape
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hobbiteater, you know it makes sense... Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rent or demo and find out what you like, everyone is different and has different skiing style / preferences.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wbsr, agreed but Atomic, Volkl, Head and Stokli alone probably have 100+ 2008 models.

Snowheads has helped me narrow that down snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another vote for Fischer RX-8 - 165 cm ? Cracker of a ski.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hobbiteater, I am an inch shorter than you and a little lighter and have RX-8s in 160cm. I love them, they have transformed my skiing Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hobbiteater, Yet another vote for the RX8. I'll even rate them a tiny bit higher than my Atomic SX10s (though not by a HUGE amount).

Which, by a huge coincidence are up for sale Blush
snow conditions
I'll put in a shout for Rossignol r9s. Love mine in 165cm, i'm 185cm, 85kg.

http://www.snowrental.net/skiing/ski-equipment/rossignol/2007/rossignol-radical-r9s-ti-oversize.html

this website has 'em for a very good price
http://www.onebelowzero.com/proddetail.asp?prod=65082

or the slightly easier to handle r8s

http://archive.skireviews.co.uk/en/rossignol/2007/radical-r8s-ti-oversize/radical-r8s-ti-oversize-review.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy