Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet "Speedy" boarding Luton-Gva. Anyone got recent info? Worth paying for?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off on Saturday to Vallandry from Luton with 5 friends. I have just been told that 3 have booked "Speedy Boarding" at a cost of £13.50 a head. I am not at all sure this is worthwhile. Previous threads suggest when it was introduced it was chaos with the speedy boarders being put on the bus to the plane 1st, and getting off it last when arriving at the plane! Anyone got recent info on this at Luton?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the plane will get to its destination at the same time and the baggage collection will be filled with the usual belt huggers..... why rush to get on the plane. the only reason to do it would be if you wanted to sit as a group.... not worth £13.50 though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't do it!

Ok more info needed... I travel easyjet alot I have never seen the speedy board system actually work. You have a seat on that plane regardless, why on earth pay more to sit on the bloody plane for longer?

If there is a large group of you check in early get boarding group A, you'll still get a good choice of seat and then go have a beer (other refreshing drinks are available)!! Very Happy

Joe

PS if I'm travelling alone I make a determined effort to be last on the plane, I also smile at any passenger who makes eye contact with me as I board!!! I hate the peculiarly british mentality of queing regardless of what common sense or the airport staff say! Rant over Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butterfly, if you can walk to the plane (no bus) then you get on first and can sit together. If you have to take the bus to the plane then you are likely to be with non-sppedy boarders on the bus, if the plane is half empty you will feel like a real muppet. I have never paid it, but on some Easyjet flights the grade every one else A, B & C (with 'A' boarding passes let on first) depending on how early you check-in, so just get there as early as possible and be the first of the non-speedy boarders to get on the plane.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't bother, there is no real need after you say quietly to the person manning the desk 'I know Michelle from snowHeads' wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:
I don't bother, there is no real need after you say quietly to the person manning the desk 'I know Michelle from snowHeads' wink Toofy Grin

If you say that you'll be lucky to get a seat on the inside. Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the easyJet flight from Geneva to Liverpool last Saturday at least 50 people had paid for speedyboarding. When the flight was called the speedyboarders spent more time jostling for position than anyone else!

The speedyboarders were such a large proportion of the passengers that there was no need to call groups A, B & C etc - the rest of us just boarded together.

And for some reason, despite being amongst the last to board, we still got seats in the emergency exit row Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had the Speedy Board option when we flew to Geneva. Mainly because I missed it and didn't remove it.
Rest of the group didn't, so we never used it. Still got reasonable seats as well.
Not really worth the effort, especially if the whole plane has it
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I recommend speedy boarding. It subsidises my flights. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
..and speedy boarding doesn't work when they bus you to the aeroplane from the terminal...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I watched some speedy boarders yesterday at Geneca - some looked embarrassed as if they had forgotten to remove the tick - either way it just meant that they had to stand in the cold a bit longer than the rest of us.

Not many speedy boarders on the slopes this weekend tho - most were stationary.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Butterfly, give it a miss... It's less of an issue with EJ anyway as they have their A & B system of prioritising according to check-in time. 'Priority Boarding' with the Irish Airline Whose Name Must Not Be Mentioned is more worthwhile for those who just must be next to a window/the bog/their auntie aggie etc etc

Lets face it as LTN to GVA is about an hour anyway how bad can it be?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ta , you're all saying what I was thinking! Reckon those who've paid up can save me a seat by them, if they get on before me!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, it's a total waste of money. I think you get it for free when checking in on-line, but haven't bothered with that either.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Worth it if you're hand luggage only and therefore want to be first off the plane. I've seen groups where only one person has bought it then "bagsys" seats for the rest of their party.

Oh and a note to the pompous English bloke who barged his way to the front of everyone at Basle the other week - claiming "we've got children so we're priority boarding" - it doesn't work like that when your kids are teenagers, you just look like an overprivileged back bottom wink
latest report
I have never seen speedy boards have priority getting off the plane
ski holidays
If you're sat on the front row, you will save a couple of mins getting off the plane. As if it really matters.
latest report
uktrailmonster wrote:
If you're sat on the front row, you will save a couple of mins getting off the plane. As if it really matters.

If you're travelling with hand luggage and would like to avoid queuing at Immigration and car hire desks it can make a difference in my experience, although not so much that I'd pay a supplementary fee to board the plane first.
snow report
Butterfly, If you are with them for a whole week, I guess not having their company on the flight might be an advantage Confused
snow report
geri, hmm good thinking! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:
Oh and a note to the pompous English bloke who barged his way to the front of everyone at Basle the other week - claiming "we've got children so we're priority boarding" - it doesn't work like that when your kids are teenagers, you just look like an overprivileged back bottom

fatbob Laughing He's not overpriveleged; he just thinks he ought to be. Tragic. I bet his kids were mortified. If not, they're back bottoms too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy