Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hosting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading off to ski with a complete beginner this season. He'll be in ski school every morning and I don't like to ski on my own. Can anyone recommend ski companies that do more than just the odd day of ski hosting? I've always enjoyed this way of discovering places to ski but most companies only seem to do a couple of days of the week.

I've been with Ski Olympic who do hosting for 4 days of the holiday I think, but I wanted to widen my options when I book. We're planning on heading to Tignes/Val D'Isere or somewhere like that. Any ideas??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Le Ski do hosting 5 days a week (not Thursdays) in Val, La Tania & Courchevel 1650
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark Warner.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hire a guide and really explore the resort ? Hire an instructor and explore the resort and work on your technique? More expensive I know but you'll get a lot more out of it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When are you going? What ability are you? Am in Tignes 24th Feb for a week - you are welcome to join us...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've said this often but most larger resorts have a Ski Club of GB rep who guides people around both on and off piste. You can ski with them for a day without joining. Look on the SCGB website to find out where to meet them. Find out what standard the group should be on different days (but in my experience it often ends up just being whoever turns up). The Rep will have an evening office-hour each day in a bar where you can meet him/her.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the suggestions. It hadn't crossed my mind to ski with a Ski Club of GB rep - brilliant idea. I'm hoping to be in Tignes the week of 8th March, but won't be able to book until nearer the time, hence the reseach into a few options.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sazza42, I would echo Kramers suggestion for mark warner. 2 hotels in Tignes. Check out the Mark Warner website if you're looking for a late deal. Usually groups split by ability. Ski Club also has reps in Tignes (usually based in the Alpaka hotel) That would give you choices everyday. Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neilsen, at selected resorts.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've actually got an ex Mark Warner ski host in my office & he's just recommended them to me as well. At least I have options now. Just got to actually book the holiday!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know that here in Whistler we have a company called Extremely Canadian, basically it is a guided tour of the mountains, done by experienced instructors, with the emphasis on Steep skiing. they video and show you a lot of runs not on the trail map. anyway I realise you are going elsewhere, so look into a company offering the same kinda idea.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wbsr wrote:
I know that here in Whistler we have a company called Extremely Canadian, basically it is a guided tour of the mountains,

lol! Extremely canadian is a little more than a guided tour - it's a 3 day camp (I think) in which you are pushed to the limits of your skiing abilitym using pstes only really to access the gnarly chutes and cliffs Wink

Having said that, many north american resorts offer free guided tours of the mountain - usually just the greens and blues
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for everyone's help on this. After much dithering, I finally booked with Mark Warner in Tignes & am booking my friend in for ski school at Evolution 2 who I've had brilliant lessons with in the past. May even have a couple of lessons myself as well...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sazza42, which hotel are you staying in?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy