Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Check in times for Calgary flights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got the tickets through for Manchester-Calgary with Monarch. Inghams are telling me check-in closes 3 hours before departure, seems a long time. It was two hours last time with crystal (same flight).

Anyone else noticed this, is the enhanced security causing this
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevev, Check in usually shuts 1hr - 40mins before departure. Tour Ops like to get everyone in the pen and ready to board WELL in advance, so you'll probably be fine leaving it to 1-1.5hrs in advance depending on how busy the airport is and how quickly you get through security. Call the ACTUAL airline or look on their website to clarify.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevev, we took this flight in Jan. We arrived 2 hours 20 mins before the flight time and it was heaving ( we were lucky as we'd booked premium seats so had only 4 people in front of us at check-in) there was quite a queue for all the other desks and I think it took a while to process all the passengers, I think it's worded wrongly on the tickets as "check in closes" - should say check-in 3 hours before, I noticed this. I would either get there early or late. Only late if you don't mind perhaps getting split up on the plane and you don't want to do any duty free shopping. Security at Manchester is still tight and they are doing a lot of work on the T1 security area so make sure you have got enough time to get through. As far as I was aware it's been 3 hour check in for long haul and 2 hours for short haul for a while now.
Get there early, chill and relax once you are through security - it's the start of your hols Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we have pre booked seats on the way out so are guaranteed seats together, but not guaranteed window seats, so will probably be there early. I too think it is wrongly worded, the check-in does not shut 3 hours early, it 's just inghams encouraging people to get in early.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They give the same advice for flights to Vancouver on Zoom, stating check in closes at 3 hours before the flight,even going from Gatwick where there is no work happening on security but there needs to be!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stevev, its to give them enough time to ensure they get your skis on a flight to somewhere in europe Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Odin wrote:
stevev, its to give them enough time to ensure they get your skis on a flight to somewhere in europe Twisted Evil

No problem, I hire mine when i get there
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy