Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Route to Bormio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm driving down to Bormio via the chunnel on Friday (for the English Alpine Chamionships) and have heard various rumours about one way tunnels and mountain passes closed in the winter. Rather than follow the sat-nav blindly up the mountain pass and down the piste I though a snowhead might be able to point me in the right direction ?!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe some passes are always closed at certain times of the winter. A decent sized map 1:1000000 should give the start and end months when passes will be permanently closed.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Static, if you mail these guys i am sure you will be well informed.... http://www.bormio.to/english/bormio/ufficio_turismo.cfm

I will be visiting Bormio later in the month and will be pleased to have a report?

Greg
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
northantsred, I gave the tourist board a call and go a route in via Zarnez and Livigno. I'm going to come in from Landeck as I couldn't find out if the route via St Moritz/Klosters would be open.

I'll send you a report of Bormio when I get back.

Simon
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Static, you can use the Vereina Rail Tunnel between Klosters and Sagliains (near Susch and Zernez), it takes vehicles up to 3.5t for 35-40CHF, may save you the detour via Landeck and the Austrian motorway toll sticker.

I'd be tempted to take a route through Belgium, Luxembourg (tank up on cheap fuel), Strasbourg, Basel, Zurich, Vereina Tunnel, Livigno, Bormio, the last bit could be tricky in bad weather though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just checked www.ViaMichelin.com and their recommendation is across Belgium into Germany, down via Stuttgart and Ulm, into Austria near Fussen, over the Fernpass, Landeck, Zernez, Livigno (ignore the Stelvio Pass bit, it's often closed in winter), Bormio, still that tricky last bit over the Foscagno pass if it's snowing, but no tolls (except 10 euros each way on the Munt la Schera tunnel into Livigno, yes the one that's only 2.5m wide that accepts traffic alternately from each direction and closes at 8pm some days) if you avoid that short stretch of Austrian Motorway just before Landeck.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy