Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair 'Free' Flights

Poster: A snowHead
I don't want to make this into an airline complaint forum but Ryanair are just plain deceptive in their advertising. They had an offer that ran 'til yesterday when you bought annual insurance including ski cover for €54 you got a free return flight excluding taxes and charges.

Anyway as my partner needed insurance I bought it. However when I went to book a flight they the only ones that came up were ones that were already .01c flights from their seat sale offers! Reading the small small print it said Ryanair may not offer seats on certain flights or routes depending on demand but this is plain false advertising. I fly Ryanair regularily and they have done alot to reduce flight prices but I wish they would be more transparent as being mislead makes me angry.

I reckon if they were challenged they'd be told it's illegal to advertise in this manner, anyone else have similar experiences?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Ross, Only mini-skirted skoolgirls get the good routes with Ryan Air
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter Ross, 3 words that can never, ever be put together 'transparent' 'pricing' and 'Ryanair' Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, yes indeed, www.skyscanner.net was good for getting to the real price but Ryanair have dropped off this service now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter Ross, I never look at the Ryanair price till I get to the final page as you get your hopes raised then lots of bits arrive....In fairness though wihtout them Dublin Airport would be a ghost town Confused
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use Ryanair regularly and as thefatcontroller says, you just have to wait till all the charges are added up to know how much your flight will cost. It's still generally cheap so it's not worth troubling one's blood pressure over any of the details. I have flown from Stansted to Perpignan for less than the train fare from Stansted to Liverpool Street.

I sympathise about the "free" flights. I opened a Ryanair credit card years ago but when it came to the bit there was no likelihood that a free flight would be to where I wanted to go when I wanted to go so I never used it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller wrote:
Peter Ross, 3 words that can never, ever be put together 'transparent' 'pricing' and 'Ryanair' Laughing

Jet2 just as bad IMHO. You dont get the full price until you have registered and are at the final booking stage. Fuel surgcharges then suddenly appear rolling eyes

I like the Easyjet site, very user friendly.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, I hate all these made up extra charges, why can't they be honest and say something like: we lured you here based on a .01c flight, now you know we can't make a profit or even pay for the fuel at that price so we are going to add €50 to the ticket price so we can pay the cabin crew this week. Just cut out this nonsense of 'taxes and charges'.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ryan Air have already missed the government deadline for including all taxes & charges whenever showing a price .. apparently they are going to have to close their website for 3 days later in the month to make it compliant .. about time to !!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RichA, I heard about the closure, expensive business closing shop for three days! Mind you the Sarkozy ad was costly, I wonder is that why O'Leary increased ski charges? snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
... "Free" is becoming a much abused word ..... Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter Ross, They got stung for 60,000 euro for Sarkozy which was probably far less than the price of all the free publicity they got Cool Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ryan Air is much maligned, they have given us many things apart from cheap air travel.

Alternative view of disabled people.
Alternative length for a weekend, up from 2 to 4 days.
Alternative definitions of free.
Alternative customer service models, including the classic; pay phque all, get phque all.
Alternative luggage arrangements encouraging thin packing and buying your holiday clothing on arrival (but how do you get it home).

I propose we have a bit of a whip round and help them out in there hour of need, I am sure they will show there appreciation in the usual way.

Interesting they can run roughshod over the plebes of Europe with little comeback, but a mild mickey take of a politician and they get in real trouble.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jbob wrote:
Interesting they can run roughshod over the plebes of Europe...

How so Jbob? they sell plane rides... a normal, routine business transaction shirley? There is no compulsion...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Who is shirley?
ski holidays
jbob, you're joking right? heard of Leslie Neilson?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy