Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Rental in Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all,

I'm booking some skis through SkiExtras.com for Mayrhofen and it gives me different options from where to rent. Just wondering if anyone has any advice? The maps provided don't really give much of a clue as to which one is nearest the main gondola etc. Sport Manni I, Sport Manni II, and Manni Rental are the options. Thanks in advance! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dave Sprots Mannis are all in the village and you have to lug your gear up and down every day which is a pain in the ass while doing the penken shuffle if it is busy.

Try this guy
E-Mail: info@skicenter-hubertkroell.com
WWW: http://www.skicenter-hubertkroell.com

He is at the top of the gondola so you dont have to carry everything up and down every day Embarassed his equipment is top notch and if you give him your hotel etc he has discounts agreed with some accomodation. Think it is about € 85 to €99 for Boots and Skis for the week with storage.

We have been using him for 5 years and he is a true Austrian Gent. Had my own skis taken one day on the bus back from the Glacier and he gave me a pair Free. for the rest of the week. Happy skiing
Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ordhan, I'm not sure I would want to have my equipment (whether rented or not) anywhere but at my accommodation in the Zillertal.

There are so many options for where to ski, that leaving them at the top ()or even bottom) of any gondola is too restrictive IMV.

If you have decided in advance that you are only going to ski starting from the Penkenbahn every day, then that is a different matter, of course.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Ordhan & Alex,

In most other places I've been to once you have collected your skis on the Sunday, you can keep them all week and take them back on the Friday - is that not the case in Mayrhofen? Ordhan, I think your solution would be great, if like Alex says you are going to use the Penken everyday. I'm just not sure that we will. I'll just have to hope there is some storage at our accommodation - either that or they let you take the skis back to the room. How do most people cope in Mayrhofen - what is the usual? Ta muchly.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is no requirment to leave your gear ther but alot of people only ski from penkan when in the zillertal so it is a convinience if you look at the pics on his website the shop is small and there is always some one there.

You can take the equipment down with you every night if you so wish. It is just a convinience to have the option at no extra cost if you want to leave them up there especiallyl if your accomidation is at the far end of the village from the lift. . We take them down say 3 of our 7 days to ski the glacier / other zillertal areas, but not having to do it is a bonus if you choose to leave them & start from there the next morning.

Alex alot of people rent there gear in Mani's/ Intersport etc and then pay extra for storage at the Uli Spleiss place under the lift station at the top. Puzzled The place is the best place to rent in Mayrhofen and we have 2 Basi Instructors in our group and have never had anything but positive feed back for this place. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ordhan, I'm not suggesting for one moment that there is anything at all wrong with the place.

Just that I personally would be unlikely to always ski from the Penkenbahn if I were staying in Mayrhofen. As I said, for anybody who is going to do so, storing the skis there is probably a very good idea. And I realise quite a lot of people will only ski that area - it isn't a small area by any means.

dave2811, Almost all accommodation will have ski rooms. I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel in a ski resort that didn't, although some chalets don't, and I have no idea what the normal arrangement is with apartments.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Balcony Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After some more research, looks like Manni 1 is about 200m from the Penken. Hope this helps if anyone else has a similar problem.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dave2811,

hi dave

i hired from mannis a couple of years ago - they were fine - i had some problems with my skis (crap bindings) and they changed them for me without any problems

get there early though - it gets busy!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy