Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Ski tour Company Employees fight in St Anton nightclub

Poster: A snowHead
Two employees, one from Skiworld & other from SkiVal were involved in a serious fight in Bar Cuba in St Anton last week.
One employee was repeatedly hit with a bottle in the head by the other employee. He required 55 stitches & is likely scarred for life.
Another resort employee from the Krazy Kangarugh tried to intervene and was also assaulted and smashed in the mouth and required stitches.

The Police were called no one was allowed to leave the club until all addresses etc were taken.

SkiVal are denying there employee was involved but the Police are treating it as serious assault.

It happened around 01:30am and it was about a girl but was fueled by alcohol

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 11-02-08 18:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:

There's a shocker Laughing Laughing I am sure tensions do get fired up but reps we have seen from different companies have all seemed to get along well. Sounds a bit nasty though with bottles involved.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've met some nasty types working in ski resorts - this doesn't surprise me all that much, I'm sorry to say. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Police possibly going to fine the other guy. That could be many thousands of Euros

Some other info.

Someone dropped dead at 16:00 (Coronary) in the KK yesterday afternoon. Apresski carried on as normal LOL

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sounds like your average Friday night in any major UK city, shame it's spread to Austria though. They should be kicked out of the country immediately IMV NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton, A 'dog bites man' story. lowlife fighting over a bint, been going on since time immemorial surely?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
Police possibly going to fine the other guy. That could be many thousands of Euros

A fine? That's getting off scot free. Over here he'd be banged up for causing such an injury. I sat on a jury where a guy got 18 months in almost the exact same circumstances. No previous.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
freezywater,
Quote:

your average Friday night in any major UK city, shame it's spread to Austria

You'd rather live in Austria than in the UK?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller wrote:
A fine? That's getting off scot free.

Nope. A scot is a payment or charge. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great, I'm going to St Anton on the 17th, people had better keep their bottles to themselves, and keep their blood pumping! Can't be doing with deaths and assaults!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Its a pity the guy wasn't wearing a helmet eh?

Could have saved him from serious injury........ Evil or Very Mad wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Every night is a Saturday Night in a Ski resort. There's a fight going on outside my very window as we speak. One kicked off in the Bar last night. Needless to say, as i live opposite Cham's principal niteclub i'll be kept awake until around 4am. Maybe of interest to know, most of the screaming and yelling tends to be in English.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
being a ski rep in a ski resort doesnt mean you have inherent arrse-hole immunity. Not sure why this is actually a topic on here

who the hell cares?? - certainly not me, unless of course any such rumble ends up causing me to spill my pint - 3sum time at that point Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
... i live opposite Cham's principal niteclub i'll be kept awake until around 4am.

Lucky you're not a milkman or breakfast TV presenter. Have you thought of moving?

We live next door to a cemetery. I recommend it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Goldsmith, Will my chances improve of finding work as a Breakfast T.V. Presenter or Milkman if i move?
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
stanton wrote:

A fine? That's getting off scot free..................

I agree with you again. Scary.
ski holidays
Shame they haven't got a community service scheme. Moving snow from Rendl side to Gampen would keep him occupied for the next 50 years or so.
latest report
achilles, I bet the SCGB rep was just off camera and had something to do with it Toofy Grin

Funny how otherwise respectable blokes get punchy in ski resorts - these aren't the same people causing trouble in provincial towns in Englandshire, these are accountants, lawyers, doctors etc. Why is that?
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
these are accountants, lawyers, doctors etc.

What, all of them? Do you have stats?
snow conditions
Quote:

accountants, lawyers, doctors

Sounds like the eosb Laughing
ski holidays
barry wrote:
being a ski rep in a ski resort doesnt mean you have inherent arrse-hole immunity. Not sure why this is actually a topic on here

who the hell cares?? -

Exactly...
ski holidays
Oh, was in St Anton last Wednesday to Sunday. What day did this happen? We were in Bar Cuba for the England v Switzerland game on Weds, and in KK every other night.
Didn't hear about these things or see any fights out there... probably because we were fairly tiddly ourselves.
Can understand the heart attack in KK. Feared for my own health each morning with the Jägebooka hangover Shocked
snow report
Who spilled my pint?
latest report
Bode Swiller, dunno. As for the SCGB rep - none there, normally. But I may be skiing with one in St Anton next month on a Club holiday. As it consists of 6 days with the Arlberg ski school, I am not sure what the rep's role will be, though. Wholly OT: Looking forward to the holiday very much - haven't been to St A since the railway station was moved.
snow report
laundryman wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
these are accountants, lawyers, doctors etc.

What, all of them? Do you have stats?
Yes, ALL of them. I have no supporting stats but I can show you some scars.
ski holidays
achilles, I preferred the train station where it was... somehow more atmospheric. Still my favourite resort tho'.

Just don't go starting any brawls. You know how punchy you can be. GBH of the kneecaps is an offence out there.
snow report
achilles wrote:
I am not sure what the rep's role will be, though.

Some might say that the rep's role will be to roll (sic) into town on the gravy train.
Others might say that the rep's role will be to point out that the best snow is on the upper slopes.
Others might say that the rep's role is to ensure that punch-ups in nightclubs are conducted in a thoroughly British manner, with proper respect for fair play.

What do you think the rep's role will be? I'm intrigued to know!
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
I am not sure what the rep's role will be, though.

This hasn't bovvered you before but shirley a case for the 8th wonder of the world is it not?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1st time I've heard of real bother in St Anton though, apart from GBH to my liver. Laughing
latest report
arlberg wrote:
1st time I've heard of real bother in St Anton though, apart from GBH to my liver. Laughing

It goes on especially during the peak season (tour company season Jan to March). aNy incident are normally neutalised within minutes so it unlikely your see any trouble but locals will know about it within minutes.

The guy who got bottled. Its with the Police to decide weather it goes to court. The injured guy is wearing a hat to cover his bandages & was out an about with SkiWorld customers lastnight but only drinking coke.

The guy who dropped dead in KK was a 42yr old Dutchman . He had previous heart problem 5 years ago. It happened on the front deck.
latest report
David Goldsmith, When I read your post all I could think of was Oasis....
snow conditions
Although StA nightlife is unsophisticated, to be polite, and there are a lot of youngsters (not only Brits) who have yet to learn how much they can (or rather can't) drink, it seems good natured. Perhaps the problem is TO reps; my recollection is that they were in the main thick and arrogant, a toxic combination.
BTW, the most likely cause of death in the KK is thirst.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 26-02-08 10:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
The British (English?) workers seemed to be the biggest troublemakers when I was in Val d'Isere a couple of years ago.
The Saloon was like a worker's clubhouse - very cliquey.
ski holidays
Jagerbull, shame drunken brawling isn't an Olympic sport, we'd clean up.

That said, someone told me yesterday they thought one of the reps involved was an Aussie (silver medalists).
snow report
Word on the Street (Police) is that its not looking good for the Attacker from Skival.
snow conditions
stanton, good. Anyone that causes someone that type of damage (whether provoked or not) needs locking up.
snow report
in England and Wales this would be s18 wounding and the maximum sentence is life- if there was thought to be a risk of another violent offence then that would be mandatory.

But as others have commented on the sad truth is that drunken brawls are very common-
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Two employees, one from Skiworld & other from SkiVal were involved in a serious fight in Bar Cuba in St Anton last week.
One employee was repeatedly hit with a bottle in the head by the other employee. He required 55 stitches & is likely scarred for life.
Another resort employee from the Krazy Kangarugh tried to intervene and was also assaulted and smashed in the mouth and required stitches.

The Police were called no one was allowed to leave the club until all addresses etc were taken.

SkiVal are denying there employee was involved but the Police are treating it as serious assault.

That's it. I'm never going to book with them! rolling eyes
ski holidays
I was in a night club many years ago when some prat decided to bottle one of the security guys badly injuring him and I dare say leaving scars for life, as it happened I was right behind the prat with the bottle and so before he could hurt anyone else I placed my size 11 foot with all my weight behind it to the back of his knee, I really hate people who seem to think it funny or ammusing to hit other people and then say they did it because they were drunk, lock him up and throw away the key Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Word on the Street (Police) is that its not looking good for the Attacker from Skival.

'Word on the street' ? Are you still watching those 'Starsky and Hutch' re-runs ?

You will end up talking like Huggy Bear if you are not careful.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy