Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many lifts in one day?

Poster: A snowHead
Here's one for you all. What's the largest number of seperate lifts that you've caught in one day?

Just got back from Val d'Isere, where we spent the whole of yesterday skiing to all the extrematies of the resort in one day. That's every lift at the top of every peak, and at the bottom of every valley, only allowed to miss out lifts that duplicate where we've been before.

All in all that was 36 lifts in about 7.5 hours skiing. Good fun, but very tiring.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just one - OK 2 sections (and not counting the glacier tows) at La Grave. Good fun, but very tiring using the same one throughout the day. Toofy Grin

Glad you're having a good time at Val D.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, Were you part of this by any chance ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=513349&in_page_id=1770

[Outraged Daily Mail reader and UK taxpayer smiley]
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not a clue.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer, That sounds fun will give it a go when I have a day on my own and see how many I can do
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Latchigo, not me. I did hear that it was going on when I was in town. And I may have been one of the doctors spotted knocking back shots and beer, but it wasn't at the taxpayer's expense. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Latchigo wrote:
Kramer, Were you part of this by any chance ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=513349&in_page_id=1770

[Outraged Daily Mail reader and UK taxpayer smiley]

500 went out, 499 returned intact
Sad
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=36057
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We did 22 in the Espace Killy. Was knackered.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Did 26 lifts in 6 hours the week before last in Sauze (Italy) - that was me skiing on my own from Sauze across to Montgenevre and back, before meeting up with friends in the afternoon (where there would be more lifts, but I've no idea how many). Total distance (including lifts) was 48 miles! A very fun day's skiing Very HappyVery Happy

David
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Overall we did about 65 miles, including the Col de Vey, 3000, Sache, and Le Face.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The full loop in saalbach/Hinterglem, but it isnt that difficult!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Probably this day in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only counted properly once. 22 in La Ros/ La Thuile at Christmas.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not an actual lift tally but anyone with a knowledge of the Chamonix area should appreciate this....

Nico our resident Chamionard who works upstairs racked this up in a powder day last week,
Fresh tracks off the top of Grand Montets
2 Lavencher/Pendants off the Bochard bubble
2 off the Herse chair
Pas de Chevre (off the top of the Grand Montets down onto the Mer de Glace and exit via Valle Blanche ski-out)
Grand Envers off the Aiguille du Midi

Pretty good effort really.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry but only a man would count them (and care rolling eyes ).
ski holidays
In this earlier thread there have been suggested

a maximum of 42 lifts were attempted in Japan.

A skier in Saalbach has clocked 39km accumulated vertical drop and 182km skiing distance.
snow report
I could spend all day just skiing off one lift if the snow conditions warrant it. I don't care about km of piste, I care about cms of fresh snow!
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat,

If you ski even with one lift and one run repeatedly you still mount the lift a number of times, accumulate the vertical and the skiing distance.

An average skier doing 10 runs in the morning and another 10 in the afternoon could have mounted the lift 20 times, skied about 20 to 30km easily if each run is between 1km to 1.5km.

If one can do significantly more that means one is a fast skier/boarder with above average ability, like Kramer.

A beginner on the other hand will be below average and his statistics should reflect it.

Some skiers equate skiing distance to distance traveled within a resort by different runs but it can equally come from doing a single run repeatedly.
snow report
This is a big day in the Three Valleys - 30 different lifts (or 28 with a hike), to all the extremities of the ski area except Mont Vallon and Le Praz. The Three Valleys Escapade in a day, 42,250 feet of vertical...

http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/escapade.html
snow conditions
kkev, that's what inspired our tour of L'Espace Killy.
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I could spend all day just skiing off one lift if the snow conditions warrant it. I don't care about km of piste, I care about cms of fresh snow!

So could I. But it's also quite nice to be able to do something a little different from time to time.
snow conditions
Here is data from my trip around the Sellaronda in Jan. I wasn't hanging around on this day. Kramer, I think the number of kms covered is a better measure as I could go up and down the button lift in the beginner area all day to clock up lifts but not much fun!

Nr of Lifts
Height difference (mt)
Slopes lenght estimation (Km)

Date: 05-01-2008

1. Cab.Saslong

2. Segg.Sochers-Ciampinoi

3. Segg.Costabella

4. Cab.Danterceppies

5. BOREST Rit.

6. BOÈ

7. Segg.CAMPOLONGO

8. Segg.CAMPOLONGO

9. Segg.CAMPOLONGO

10. Segg.BURZ

11. Fun.PORTAVESCOVO

12. Dmc EUROPA 1

13. Dmc EUROPA 1

14. Segg.PORTADOS

15. Fun.PORTAVESCOVO

16. Fun.PORTAVESCOVO

17. Segg.FODOM

18. Segg.LEZUO

19. PRADEL-RODELLA

20. NOREI - CINQUE DITA

21. Segg.Sole Piz Seteur

22. Segg.Comici 1

23. Segg.Comici 1

24. Fun.Piz Sella

25. Fun.Piz Sella

26. Fun.Piz Sella

27. Segg.Piza Pranseies

28. Segg.Sochers-Ciampinoi

29. Segg.Sochers-Ciampinoi
ski holidays
11 lifts. In New Zealand. Lift with rotor blades attached. Approx 12000m vertical descent. All fresh tracks.
latest report
Peter Ross wrote:
Kramer, I think the number of kms covered is a better measure as I could go up and down the button lift in the beginner area all day to clock up lifts but not much fun!

That's why it has to be seperate lifts. wink
latest report
Kramer, is this something one does for enjoyment Puzzled
ski holidays
maggi wrote:

I agree. wink
snow report
Similar thing, tried to make it from Villaroger to Montalbert (Paradiski) and back in a day - would've made it if we'd kept lunch to just the one hour. Anybody managed it?
ski holidays
levart, my bro and his pal have, left Montalbert at 9:30am, and were in in Villaroger for 11am Wink Spent the mid afternoon playing down the long reds and blues round Arc 1950 and 1800, and were back in Montalbert b4 4pm.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does it count if I went up and down the bunny slope (and pull lift) 50 times in a day?
latest report
Steilhang wrote:
Kramer, is this something one does for enjoyment Puzzled

No. It wasn't my idea, and I'd been up to three am the night before drinking, so it really wasn't fun, but it was a bit of an achievement.
ski holidays
levart wrote:
Similar thing, tried to make it from Villaroger to Montalbert (Paradiski) and back in a day - would've made it if we'd kept lunch to just the one hour. Anybody managed it?

Easy Laughing
latest report
Charlatanefc wrote:
levart, my bro and his pal have, left Montalbert at 9:30am, and were in in Villaroger for 11am Wink Spent the mid afternoon playing down the long reds and blues round Arc 1950 and 1800, and were back in Montalbert b4 4pm.

....and you don't f*** with that mob .... they Move !!

So they only had 6 beers then Little Angel wink
snow conditions
Charlatanefc, MMMM....FIRST LIFT 9.00 2nd 10 past 3rd 20 past plagne centre for9.45 -then heli ski from top of Aigle Rouge me thinks wink

Today 17 lifts Montalbert -Plagne centre-Champagny-Roche de Mio-Bellcote-Montchavin for a vin blanc at Le Ferme and back
my watch says 9407 m ascent with a max height of2694 m
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, Perhaps getting mixed up with Montchavin?
snow conditions
maggi wrote:

You have a point! I just knew my stats as I could get it from the dolomites website, I wasn't trying to break any records!
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, poss so= I think wings would be needed to do Villaroger by11
snow report
We have done Montalbert top of Transarc and back to Montalbert for lunch at 1.00, Toofy Grin
The Villaroger challenge is a real event for next season Toofy Grin
ski holidays
boredsurfin, I have been in the restaurant on the red down to Villaroger by 12.15- but 11.00 only an Everton fan........always dreaming!!
I support Leeds so feel I have the right to rib any other supporter............................................... Smile
snow report
That's it then, I'm not worthy - I feel I can happily hand over my title to anyone in this thread.
Here yer go:

Kramer, FTS Don't forget to get the number of that Eurostar in April. Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy