Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club AGM

Poster: A snowHead
Well its here .... almost!. The annual event where you hold your Council members accountable for their actions over the past 12 months.

Next Tuesday 30th November ( also St Andrew's day )
is the date of the club's AGM at the Clubhouse in Wimbledon.

Who amongst Snowheads ( who are members ) will be there that evening?

Free drinks and music are promised snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I won't be - tempting as it may be to meet some Council members face to face wink I just find SCGB are irrelevant to me now, apart from saving me money.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Me neither. Wimbledon too far away from Nottingham.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only if travel from Leeds is included if I was in London I think I would make the effort. If only to stir the pot
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not me, too far from the alps snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hope to. Some domestic stuff to sort - like staying with some of the family who live nearby.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Who amongst Snowheads ( who are members ) will be there that evening?

Not many by the look of it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How many snowHeads are members and live with easy travelling distance, for a meeting on a weekday evening?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not me, about 2.5 hours each way
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elizabeth B, good point implied there. A Saturday afternoon might open up the AGM to a wider audience.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
john wells, yup. And a chance for us provincial folk to potter, wide-eyed, around the shops present buying. Extra costs for staffing, I suppose.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What do you get from joining the SCGB, other than a reduced bank balance? I must of missed something.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Headplanter, maybe. Have a look at this snowheads thread - or may be go to the horse's mouth.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, why do you think they are having it in London on a week day night. So the rest of us cannot attend- anyway didnt renew my membership.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ther is an alternative here
snow report
Beck Daross wrote:
Ther is an alternative <a href="http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/item.asp?intCategoryID=1&intItemID=2498" target="_blank">here</a>

Oh, I'm so weak-willed. Can I restrain myself from saying something??
ski holidays
Hey - I did! Little Angel I'm over the worst I reckon & well on the road to recovery Very Happy Little Angel
ski holidays
What is the place like ?

Many people who commute into Waterloo will pass through Wimbledon station. I know the club is up in the good end of Wimbledon, near some decent boozers, but I am wondering whether it is worth breaking my journey.

I think I missed out big time by not being a member when they had HQ up town. I believe they had a bar etc.etc.

I don't think Wimbledon opens unless there is an event on.
snow report
Latchigo, now's your chance to find out!
latest report
If I remember correct it was close to Victoria I used to use as a meeting point when organising trips. I remember once drinking with Edward Heath the ex Tori PM in the bar don't know if he was a member or not. It was an odd place the bar never got busy so the beer was never brilliant.
snow conditions
Latchigo - yes the bar is only open when there are events on, and there are a lot of very good boozers and restaurants nearby. Its just 10 mins or so from Wimbledon BR station, up the hill and in the village. Drinks at the club are priced reasonably compared with local prices.
Cool
snow report
Accommodation sorted - I'll be there Very Happy
ski holidays
snowHead
snow report
Well, it has come and gone. Was there anything of note for us here snowHead
snow conditions
Excellent beer snowHead Bit of a headache the next morning Sad
snow report
Ray, given that the Club is a private members' club which (according to an early 1990s mission statement) speaks for British skiers, I'm in two minds as to how to respond to your query (which has a smilie instead of a question mark).

What exactly would you like to know?

As far as the Ski Club discussion forum is concerned I don't think it would be misrepresenting official policy to say that it will not be reopened to non-members.

The Club has a new Chairman, John Nuttall, who is very tall, a boarder (of ten years' experience) as well as a skier, and a man of natural charm and friendliness. The Club will have a new President from autumn 2005. In the interim, Sally Cartwright OBE will continue as President.

The Club also has an ambitious membership increase target, so stand by to be serenaded, if not seduced.
snow report
Thanks for the reply David, No, I understand that you must be circumspect. The discussion forum was obviously the main interest point, so thanks for the feedback there. I think that we all would have assumed as much. Are you able to say whether there was much discussed on the matter and/or was there anything else that may affect non-members that you are able to mention?

On a more trivial level, I was also wondering how many snowHead were there, and how (if at all) you identified yourselves.
latest report
Ray, the Council's deliberations and policy on the forum were explained at length. Particular emphasis was placed on the legal aspects of running an open forum - the risks were pleaded as the key factor behind the decision not to reopen the forum - though the legal advice itself was not disclosed.

I guess 'watch this space' is the best thing to say about the Club's future relationship and offer to non-members. Personally I'm hugely in favour of a membership package with broad appeal at a price that's hard to refuse.

Ray, it's certainly not trivial to wonder how many snowHeads were there. I didn't count the number of Ski Club members present, but hopefully a high proportion have registered as snowHeads (even though they might be reluctant to admit it!). I met about 5 snowHeads with familiar names, and we seemed to be an extraordinarily sane group of people.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy