Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any recommendations for Oakley goggles ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
well have ya ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get the ones that fit with your helmet best.

I've got A-frames, and while I have Black Iridium lenses for them, I use the Fire Iridium all the time as it works best for me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wisdoms are good, I've never had mine steam up on me ever.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And fit your face,

Being able to breath through your nose while wearing them is a plus.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc, cannot breath through my nose anyway ! Been broken twice.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe, Very Happy makesthe choice so much easier
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc, interesting, just had the opposite problem: not one Oakley (nor Scott, nor Anon, nor Dragon, nor Spy goggle) would seal properly at the nose bridge, some had up to an 8mm gap because they sat so low on the cheekbones.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have Wisdoms (awesome, huge lens, never steamed up, didn't fit flush to helmet) and Crowbars (slightly smaller but still excellent range of vision, steam up if I eat snow and get powder in between helmet and goggle gap, but fit flush to helmet and look cooler)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i've an o-frame and previously had an e-frame. I was sceptical about goggles till ti tried the e-frame, but when I lost it (I think I left it in a bar in Fernie) I had to go out and get another set straight away as I now rarely ski in any except goggles - in fact the last trip where I wore sunnies was the original ESOB, and since getting a helmet I don;t think I *can* wear glasses as my m-frames are too wide!

I have the regular persimmon lens and it cuts out quite enough light even on bright days, as well as helping immensely on flat light days. THe one disadvantage to goggles is that although you *can* change lenses, they're not really designed for frequent changes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helmet and sunnies Shocked

You'll have the fashion police after you!

comprex, my nose is small and squashy (Ex prop!) so I find most goggles either ride up my cheekbones until they make me blink or, now my helmet keeps them down, they crush my nose.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smokin Joe, the ridiculous blue lenses look really cool...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A frame with black iridium lense. Best goggles ever for me.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wisdoms are the ultimate ski toy! Would be top of my gear list if it wasnt for the new boots! Try to get the yellow iridum lense as it is best all rounder but if you are flush with $$$$ You can buy a couple of pairs of spare lenses for diffrent conditions. There web site has a tool that you can see what the diffrent lenses do.

Just make sure they are comfy on your face and fit snug with the lid ( If you wear one) This is not essential but a big red mark will be the result if they dont Embarassed

Happy Shopping
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Picked up some wisdoms on ebay for a decent price
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy