Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg warm up runs?

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Engelberg next weekend.
Any ideas for warm up blue runs without tbar lifts - I couldn't see too many on the piste map.
Not an issue for me on skis but the boarder I'm going with is not good on the tbars Smile and I'm thinking a red in the first few minutes is not ideal!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the only t-bar i can think of is on the glacier
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drags at Gerschnialp but you don't want to go there anyway unless you've just skied the Laub or want beginner terrain.

Take the bottom chair from Stand and do a couple of runs down there if you think a red will be too much.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
From Trubsee? down red 4?
I'm sure a red would be fine, we are both decent enough for reds, but not knowing the terrain or steepness doesn't help?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 8-02-08 0:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would go up Jochpass and ski down to Engstlenalp
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jochstok for me ... cross the lake and take either one or both chairs up to Jochstok..and then you can look over into the glacier and see what you fancy from the top or eat in the resto at half way and decide then.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jochpass-Engstlenalp is the mellowest.
Jochpass-Truebsee isn't too challenging, either.

Both should suit for a nice warm-up.

Stand-Truebsee is a little steeper, but nicely groomed first thing in the morning, it's not a bad way to get warmed up. Once you've got your legs, just spread out skiers right and it gets more or less progressively more difficult.

PS. The border will not like the valley run from Truebsee. It is very flat for long periods. He'll be much happier downloading on the gondola or tram/funicular.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ami in berlin wrote:

PS. The border will not like the valley run from Truebsee. It is very flat for long periods. He'll be much happier downloading on the gondola or tram/funicular.

Is this the one that on the map goes round to the right and down to the village?
Piste map

Is the red run on this not steep enough in stages?
I've had my fair share of pushing or dragging boarders about on flat sections Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GordonFreeman, it's very flat at first but better if you come straight of the Jochpass IIRC. There is a gunbarrel at some part which is quite fun.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's the one marked 5+6. The section from the bottom of the Jochpass chair to about where you see the numbers 5+6 is very flat. You need to come flying down piste 8 or 12 and go into a tuck once you see the Jochpass lift base station. Even then, there is a good chance you'll end up polling a bit. The section around Untertruebsee is also quite flat, so you need to come out of the Kanonenrohr with a lot of speed as well. It can be a pain on skis; it must be awful on a board.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is the Brunni side worth exploring at all?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GordonFreeman, I didn't see you in Engelberg, and I was looking out for snowHeads stickers!!!

How was your trip?
Where did you go for your off-piste lesson?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Forgot you were there! ...might be because I don't have any snowHeads stickers!
Yeah, it was good although off piste conditions were a bit varied. Did the glacier a few times, a bit of Jochstock, and then the Laub, which was a good test of the ol' legs.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GordonFreeman, sounds good, did you repeat any of it on your own afterwards? We sort of stuck to the well skied routes and between the pistes, but had an excellent time.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How was the snow guys? out there myself a week friday...potentially there maybe some new snow around by then, so maybe skiing the trees around Brunni, did you get over there?
ski holidays
kitenski, No sorry, I was trying to see where the skiing was at Brunni when up on Titlis, but that side looked very green, I saw that the lifts were running, but not sure how far down you would be able to ski Confused

Snow was reasonable - lower down and on by the end of the day the pistes were getting hard packed and a little icy in places, but early on there was plenty of soft around too. The groomers did a good job each night. We still found some soft stuff between and beyond the pistes. Hope you have a great trip Very Happy
latest report
Ray Zorro, Didn't manage too after the lesson as only had 1 more day and ski buddy had a damaged back.
Was thinking about doing the Laub again but obviously not by myself and definitely not the glacier.
Would go back but think I might check the skiing conditions beforehand next time and book it on a whim.
Might have to get some of those stickers too... Toofy Grin

kitenski, a bit icy below 1800m on some of the pistes, good at the top though. The run down to the village is very busy though, I preffered to stay up on the Titlis side.
ski holidays
sod the pistes, what was the off piste like? How was the laub? It was green when I went in 2007 so am hoping to ski it this time!!
snow conditions
kitenski, Wink considering it hasn't snowed for 2 weeks, everything is a bit tracked. The Laub has complete cover though and varies from nice at the top, to a bit of heavier crusty areas in the middle/bottom. There were some decent powdery sections on the glacier though. I'm not an expert off pister though but I was happy! Oh yeah, and some moguls at the top of the laub before releasing onto the rest of it...
snow report
I'm fine skiing whatever I find, so glad the Laub is open Smile
ski holidays
Gordon,

Out of interest, how much was the ski instructor? wondering if it's a cheaper option to get some off piste in compared to guides, which seem expensive between two people!!
snow report
kitenski, yes, it is. I went through the same thing!
A guide is about ChF 500 if you book direct or 640 through the local guides office for a full day.
Whereas you can probably get an instructor for about £30 an hour.

Of course, if you can get in a group of 4 then the guide would be better.
ski holidays
cheers, did you pre-book the instructor or sort it on arrival?
snow report
Prebooked through the Engelberg ski school although I think you can sort on arrival even for the guides.
Might be worth trying one of the other schools though, there's plenty listed on www.engelberg.ch
Also, try http://www.bergfuehrer-engelberg.ch/bergfuehrer.htm
snow report
I've just got back from a week in Engelberg, and had three FANTASTIC mornings of ski instruction with PRIME (0041 415 443 100). Cannot recommend highly enough. 225CHF for 3 hours of instruction and sure they can advise on guides for off-pistes. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy