Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Park Ski Lengths?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm nearly 14, 8St8, Don't know what that comes out as in Kg.

About 5'7.

I don't know the lengths of the Ski's I've used previously, but I'd be interested in knowing what length a Novice Park rider would need.

Cheers [=
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At 14 you're goin to be growing pretty quick and will progress pretty quick. See if you can rent twins for a while and start on a 165 (about the top of your nose). You'll find you'll be wanting a longer length pretty quick but by starting on a shorter length it'll help you throw the skis around in your tricks and keep the weight down. Remember to go for soft flexing skis so you're not punished on your landings.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also have a look at this site. http://www.patsharplesfreestylecamps.co.uk/ Pat's one of the best freestyle coaches in the UK. He runs camps around the dry slopes and indoor slopes in the UK. Worth having a look.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers matey, been looking for something like that.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any other Opinions to be given?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ive been riding park for years andd personally like my skis to be a tad longer, im about 5 10, and ride the 176 mvmt joysticks, awesome skis but pretty stiff for a pure park ski. if youve got money to burn then start off shorter, but as kiwi1 says you'll be going longer quickly! the longer ski gives you more stability in the landing and takeoff, and if you score a pow day is much better for hucking, you'll prop be looking at about a 165-170 to start with but as i say if you push yourself you might want to go bigger. the mounting point is pretty imp aswell, if you go centre mounted its an awesome feel in the park and will give you balance on the rail (important if you ride indoor a lot!) but will be shite as an all mountain if you get freshies, it'll just want to nosedive! whatever size you go for keep them light! the weight is pretty important for the feel of the ski, hell, just go test!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would seriously wait until you are older to start buying some dedicated skis, all rounders should do for now.

However if you're made of money and fancy buying a pair this year and the next and the next until you are 17-18, then I'd probably say that you need something sub 160cms that is centre mounted for a proper park ski.

Movement Joysticks are very good, my flatmate has them.

Although you won't be able to ride powder/piste/anything on a centre mounted ski as well as you could on a normally mounted ski.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy