Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Punishers - will i love them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to buy some Scott Punisher 182 skis. I have been offered a great deal on a pair, but before I jump in I was hoping you guys and gals can assure me they will do what I want.

I am a confident intermediate skiier, but I'm always looking to progress. I do not have much ski off piste experience due to the fact that the hire ski's I have had before have always been too narrow. (I do have OP experience on a snowboard).

I'm 110kg and 6ft 2".

I've been led to believe that the Punisher is a great all mountain ski, and seeing as I'm looking for a 50% piste, 30% off piste, 20% park ski do you think it will fit the bill?

Or would something else be better?

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
20thebear, If poss, test them first. Thats the only way you will really be able to tell.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know I should test them, but it is difficult. I'm not sure where in the UK has them for a test on snow. I would rather buy them from a Uk shop (support the Uk businesses). The resort where I'm going soon (St. Martin de Belleville) does not have a great selection of shops selling skis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you can, call around the Ellis Brighams at the snowzones. Castleford, MK and Braehead. I'm pretty sure they sell them and may have demos available (someone correct me if I'm wrong). To test them on an indoor slope would be better than not at all but looking at reviews they are a great ski and the 182 would suit your size and your break down of on and off piste/park.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
20thebear, 110kgs? I'm 70kgs and would use the 182. Try the 191cms ski.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chris, maybe a tad long for 20% park riding he's wanting to do but worth testing both lengths.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ICheers for the help guys. I have contacted castleford to see if they have any demo ski's in.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chris wrote:
20thebear, 110kgs? I'm 70kgs and would use the 182. Try the 191cms ski.

I have been into S&R and Ellis B in London and my local ski shop in Newcastle and have been recommended the 182, even though none of the shops have them in stock. Thus I thought this must be the size for me. Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
20thebear, the Punisher is a Twin tip, so it skies short. Sorry I have no knowkedge of what's required for park skiing (apart from insanity wink) but for off piste, head height is preferable. You do need to try them both in the right conditions. You say you are a confident intermediate, then I suggest the longer ski will help you improve.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am 6' and 110 kg I have the Punisher in 182 which I brought from Beans, I asked about the extra length as it was a twin, but was told that as what doing total off piste that it should be fine. Only problems would be when in deep powder. Seeing that my off piste skiing is still developing I thought they would be fine. I could always get up early and rent if for a big powder day, giving me another excuse to flash the credit card.

I may be wrong but you are only losing length from the tail of the ski, so would rear mounting the bindings help to reduce this?

Only 2 more sleeps till they hit they snow.!!!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got a reply from Xscape and they only sock the popular 172 length for the demo ski, so no go there.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
20thebear, go for the 182 then get a fat ski for your off piste Very Happy 90mm is the new skinny Toofy Grin
Waits quietly on the sidelines to be shot down in a ball of flame Skullie
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy