Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier area - Nendaz, Siviez or Veysonnaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking about the Verbier area for half term next year but probably staying in Nendaz, Siviez or Veysonnaz. It will be just my 13 year old daughter and myself, both reasonable skiers, staying in an apartment. Not worried about nightlife but a few restaurants, bars and perhaps a few other diversions for the evenings required.

Looked at Nendaz but have been put off a bit by comments that the best way to get into the wider area is by bus to Siviez which gets very crowded with long queues (I wont have a car with me). Access from Siviez or Veysonnaz look better but both look very small. Any experiences, comments, etc on any of these 3 (or any other possibilities) would be helpful please.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i stayed in nendaz and drove to siviez with my dad straight onto the lifts to top of the mountain could get to verbier side just as quick as going from verbier but there was only like 2/3 restaurants hotels in siviez
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Access from Siviez is extremely good. As good or better than from Verbier itself depending on precisely what Verbier slopes you're after. Siviez is, however, a small collection of ugly apartment blocks.

In 2 weeks skiing in Verbier last season and 1 week this season I've never made it to Veysonnaz. I think you'd find it a surprisingly long ski from there to Verbier and I'd be surprised if you could feasibly ski Verbier from there. I've not been though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could also look at La Tsoumaz (sp) quieter than Nendaz , which I suspect your daughter would like .... Siviez will be dead for her ---nothing to do at all .. You can ski to Siviez from Nendaz as well ... and acces Verbier without the bus trip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all a bit more food for thought there.I feared Siviez might be just too quiet and this has been confirmed. My concern with Nendaz is that the bus service to Siviez to get into the 4 Valleys is just too busy and skiing over I believe takes quite a bit of time. Veysonnaz has a larger area itself but the quickest link into the 4 Valleys is again via Siviez by bus, I fear it may be the same service that serves Nendaz. La Tzoumaz looks interesting though and has it's own direct link, will investigate that possibility further.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, Nendaz is fine for access to both Verbier and Veysonnaz and that's what makes it a really good place to stay. The shuttle bus from Nendaz to Siviez takes 15 minutes and although it is cramped it doesn't last long. Siviez would never be my choice to stay as it rather quiet. I reckon that you can get to the top of Mont-Fort from Nendaz almost as quick as you can from Verbier. Accommodation costs etc. of course are much cheaper than those in Verbier but it is not as chic. I have been going to Nendaz for 20 years and reckon that its central position in the "Four Valleys" gives you best access to both Verbier and the areas of Veysonnaz and Les Collons. By the way over at Veysonnaz you have the the Piste de l'Ours which is a serious red world cup GS run and great fun.

La Tzoumaz is not accessible from Nendaz except if you have a car to drive over there, but although it has some delightful runs there is less variety than those over at Veysonnaz. The whole area is really great and not that expensive if you avoid staying in Verbier.

If you need more info come back to me on the thread. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have snowboarded in Verbier and Nendaz areas for the last five years. I have recently bought an apartment in Nendaz and found the access to Verbier excellent via the Siviez bus route. I have also been to Veysonnaz which is a very attractive area. The link from Nendaz to Siviez by chairlift/piste is not always open but the bus route ensures you can always access Verbier quickly. Nendaz has some great restaurants and a some nice bars, the atmosphere is more laid back (much cheaper) and family based than Verbier. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
a vote for nendaz from me. just spent a week there in a self-catering apartment in march and it was great. we weren't too interested in nightlife either, but the options are there if you're interested, and the bus ride to siviez isn't too bad. in fact, on occasion, it was quite amusing. MUCH cheaper than verbier too. genuinely friendly atmosphere and laid-back attitude to english speakers (as opposed to the usual french attitude even when you try to speak a bit of french.) queues around the resort weren't bad at all by the normal euro standards, except for the bus on our last snowboarding day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sherlock235, Also returned from a great holiday in Nendaz and agree with all your sentiments. With all the new building going on though I wonder whether the overall lift capacity should be upgraded in Nendaz and Veysonnaz - particularly the Nendaz/Siviez link and personally I am not madly keen on the T-bars over towards Veysonnaz. Evil or Very Mad

Still have booked a fortnight next March there only a short walk from the telecabine - only 45 weeks to wait Laughing Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
franzman, the original poster was not enquiring about 'lucrative chalet properties' so your recommendation is entirely unnecessary.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy