Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanting to Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm 22 female and want to go sking this year. I'd say I was beginner/intermediate. Can go anytime, not to fussed about where. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks very much.

Sara Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sarajs, welcome to snowHead s

You don't mention if you will be skiing alone or with others. Where have you skied before and how many weeks? Do you want self-catering, hotel or chalet etc.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi ,

Depends what you're looking for ? Are you looking to go to a Chalet , Hotel or self catering ? Do you want somewhere smaller and more sedate or somewhere there's plenty going on at night ?

I really liked Les Gets / Morzine - went early Jan. Nice short transfer ( 1hr approx ) and plenty of intermediate runs. It's probably one of the quiter places i've been tho' and eating / drinking out is quite expensive. I also liked Arinsal in Andorra - plenty of runs and a bit more going on at night. Transfer was a bit of a pain at 4hrs but the hotel ( Princessa Parc ) was amazing. Mayrhofen in Austria had loads going on at night and is only a short transfer but the main lift up / down the mountain ( Penkenbahhn ) can get really busy at times but the skiing was good. La Plagne skiing was great too and you are well looked after in a Chalet.

Use the resort review guide on the Ski Club GB website too as well as the Trip Reports on Snowheads! It's really good and has loads of reviews on it. You shouldn't always go with what others say i know but it's nice to see a resort you may like that doesn't have a bad review !

Ally
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skied in Austria and Cyprus before. I'd say in total about 4 or 5 weeks but not for a long time. I'm not to fussed about board type, Looking for somewhere where I can ski with others and go for a few drinks of an evening with people. Not really a clubbing person but nice bars and restaurants are more my thing. I just want to ski and have fun really, don't want to go with ALL couples as would feel a bit of a third wheel.

Thanks for the welcome Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sarajs wrote:
I've skied in Austria and Cyprus before.
Shocked you can ski in Cyprus? learn something new every day... - kind of a short season right?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
haha yes troodos mountains, I lived in Cyprus for 2 1/2 years and poped up there twice a year Smile BUt yes a short season!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 6-02-08 16:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sarajs, you could try joining us on the EoSB as I assume you can find your way down a blue piste without too many troubles. Fun guaranteed!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blue piste is fine Smile Can you tell me what sort of things you guys do, what age range, how do people usually get there? I'm about 45 minutes away from Stansted.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sarajs,

Having got it now you can afford to be selective?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not being selective just asking Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sarajs, click on the EoSB link for details, but as a quick summary....

The pace is up to you. You can find someone to ski all day with, or ski here and there and relax at a piste-side restaurant. You'll find new skiers nervous on blue pistes (that was me two years back) and skiers that hardly bother with pistes at all these days. Ages range from 16 to 60 (allegedly). Most people fly to Geneva and get the "Lardy Bus", which Michelle organises (details on thread); unfortunately there are no flights Stansted-Geneva this year to get there in time for the bus (you can do it from Heathrow though). Some drive from local or UK. There are quite a few (me included) taking the Eurostar and overnight sleeper this year.

We usually have a get-together meal on the Sunday night. There is generally fine (organised) instruction to be had from fellow snowHeads.

Beers are usually drunk through the week but it's not compulsory (depends who you ask wink) There's usually pictures from a club at some point.

In short, it's a blast!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All sounds like fun (espesh drinks! NehNeh) How much are the ski passes? I'm just trying to tot up costs! Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sarajs, most of the details about costs etc are at the start of the thread. EOSB 2007 was my first snowHead s event and I went on my own - but so did most people so it doesn't really matter, snowHead s are a friendly bunch Very Happy
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32956#849733
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sarajs, if you took the budget option all ways, Value noodles for lunch & dinner every day, no beer, you could probably get the week for £600. (£295 accom/lift pass, £80 ski/boot hire, £220 travel, £5 food Wink). Well worth adding lessons to that - £80ish. Add beer to taste. Food improvements where desired. A £750 minimum I'd say.
ski holidays
TallTone wrote:
... £750 minimum I'd say.

I always think it's best not to add up the total costs Wink
snow report
rob@rar, Laughing
snow conditions
TallTone, don't tell my wife!
latest report
Sarajs, The End of Season Bash is like a ski holiday, only a bit more so Wink Although it's a large group, because people have a chance to get to know each other a little on the forum first it tends to gel a little better than just arriving in a Hotel full of strangers.
We try to create opportunities for people to get to know each other without enforcing group activity in a holiday camp stylee rolling eyes

We hook solo skiers with room mates of a similar gender and all the apartments are in the same block and each apartment has 5-8 people in, so it's quite easy to start getting to know the people you're with. The group last year was 80, so if we didn't break it down a little in this way, it could be quite daunting, arriving on your own in such a crowd. I don't think anyone found it too daunting last year Confused
The apartments are known as the best quality s/c in town and are spacious and well equipped. There's sauna, jacuzzi and swimming pool in the block and we've asked the management this year to provide an early warning system for when Frosty the Snowman is about to do a bomb Shocked However, like the S.E Asian Tsunami, these things can be hard to predict.

There are always a few extras to make the week a little special. Last year, these included a ski test, a race and talks on the back-country experience, ski tuning and race technique (very popular the night before the race Wink ).
The age range is huge but everyone shares the passion for sliding about and you're never ever stuck for someone to ski with, chill with or drink with as and when you choose. Well, occassionally Charlatanefc has found it difficult to find someone to join him in a Jagermeister between the hours of 6 and 8AM Wink

One advantage of the EoSB is that most other resorts are closed by then and we can get instructors who would otherwise be committed to their ski school or clients in their home resorts. As a result, the quality of the instruction is hard to beat - the only drawback is that, having taken a leap forwards technique-wise during the week, you sit around all Summer just itching to put it into practice - Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

btw. there is also still a space for a female in a quad room at the Mid Season Bash in Wengen on 8th March.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=30209&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
latest report
admin
Quote:
We hook solo skiers with room mates of a similar gender
Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy