Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen In March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My Boyfriend and I are interested in going to Mayrhofen Austria in the first week of March, I was wondering if you think the snowfall will be ok? as dont want to book a holiday and have no snow Puzzled

Cheers,

Natalie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First week of March isn't late. The snow last year was 'ok' until the resort shut up shop for the summer toward the end of April.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ok thanks dont suppose you kno of any other resorts in austria that will guarantee to hav decent snow? also not jus austria anywhere else but france for a reasonable price?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nclay,
We are heading to Mayrhofen in March from the 15th for a week. If you end up there let us know we will meet for a orange juice or three Laughing

Snow is generally good at that time of the year and was great last year Shocked Even after the bad snow. Glacier near by is a great comfort knowing you can ski no matter what. It can get a little heavy in the morning if the weather is warm but cest la vie.

Traditionally the snow depts in some Austrian resorts are fantastic in the first couple of weeks of March but thin out near the end of March. Best advice is to head somwhere with a good snow record at that time of the year and a glacier near by

Mayrhofen, Kaprun, Zell Em Zee, Oburgurgal. All should have good snow especially this year with the good early base.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hey thanks for the great response looking at heading out 23rd Feb-Early Marchish!really like the look of Mayrhofen! is it recommend finding somewhere Half Board? or is B&B ok? basically is it expensive to eat out of an evening?

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nclay2 wrote:
ok thanks dont suppose you kno of any other resorts in austria that will guarantee to hav decent snow? also not jus austria anywhere else but france for a reasonable price?

Nowhere is guaranteed to have anything.

Booking a ski trip is always a risk. But early March is prime season for the Alps.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are plenty of options for eating out in Mayrhofen, for all budgets. So the choice is yours whether to go for half board, self-catering or B&B. I would choose B&B or self-catering to make the most of the restaurants and nightlife.

Plenty to suit all budgets.

D
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nice one thanks a lot guys!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what about 15th march-22nd? lost our place for the 8th Sad do you think thats too late for Mayrhofen?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nclay that is the week we are there and historically one of the best weeks for snow in Mayrhofen. Very Happy Every cloud has a silver lining! The snowbomb festival takes place the last week of march so they are confident there will still be snow there.

If you are going half board most of the hotels are pretty good Espeecially Rose,Elizabeth,Nehaus & Strass I have heard good reports about Mannis to. The Ice bar is Savage and the only place to be between the hours of 3:30 and 7:30

Eating on the slopes there is a great pizza resteraunt beside the board park and behind the main resteraunt in Penken there is a small slope that leads down to a little resteraunt that is never busy and the food is great.

If you need to rent skis try the below. He is fantastic and at the top of the gondola so you dont have to carry your gear up and down every day. Give him your hotel and he will add a discount to it. Real alpine Gent
E-Mail: info@skicenter-hubertkroell.com
WWW: http://www.skicenter-hubertkroell.com

Let me know if you need anything else
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey thanks for your speedy response Happy ye i heard about that festival..sounds cool! Maryhofen is a fairly high resort isnt it? have you been there this time of year before?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The village is at 600 meters but the Skiing is from 2500 down. Plus you have the glacier up the road Bus is free on your lift pass and its 3350 m At the top great view snowHead Yeah we where there late 2 years ago and the snow was great. Locals claim that the skiing is good till the end of March but snow can get a little heavy in the afternoon but that is weather dependant.

Only 37 days to go not that I am counting wink To the slopes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nclay2, I was in the Zillertal last February when there was far less snow than there would be on average mid-March. And yet, the skiing in Mayrhofen was still fantastic. They have a fantastic snow-making system, are high for Austrian standards, and the nearby Glacier is a great back up... GO FOR IT! Toofy Grin

This picture I took Last February shows the state of the snow in the valley:

and yet, up top at Mayrhofen:

And, the Hintertux Glacier if the snow is really bad...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy