Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the best ski hire shop in Arabba

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Arabba on the 1st of March and will be hiring skis only as we have out own boots. I believe there are several ski hire shops but would like to know from any snowheads who have experience of which one gives the best selection/quality/service etc.

Any comments appreciated

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think there's only 3.
Not sure of the name but I think it was Nico sport I used a couple of weeks ago. It's located directly under the cable/gondola station.
equipment all looked reasonably new and a reasonable selection but I'm no expert. I was quite happy to use it.
It was the most convenient posistion anyway if you needed to make any changes. The other shops are in the centre of town so might need a bit more of a walk.
All depends where you're staying I suppose.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hamish, Thanks for the quick reply. I'm staying at the Garni Laura which is next to the Church I think.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well your central then so doesn't make muchn difference convenience-wise.
Nico was convenient if your doing clockwise Sella Ronda and want to pop in on the way out. My skis were well prepped and they didn't have a problem with people changing skis multiple times , can't say anythig else really.
as I'm sure you've already been told - don't forget to do the hidden valley while you're there Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hamish, Thanks. What skis did you hire and what was the price (if you don't mind me asking) ? Also what makes do they stock ?

I did find a shop called Kiwi Sport that looked good http://www.kiwisports.it/index.php?id_pagina=21&sez=2 but recommendation is always good.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

What's the hidden valley ? I may have skied it previously but not been aware as I've skied virtually everything in Alta Badia. After two years off back there in 10 days. Can't wait !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Errm Embarassed showing my ignorance here - I can't remember
Think they were Rossignol something or other.
I'm afraid I just plumped for the mid-range TOP as a post to VIP or Basic and took what they gave me.
They were waxed and edges were sharp - I only ski a couple of times a year, so as long as they're standard carving skis I can't tell the difference between one ski and another.
Sorry for being no use whatsoever.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dsoutar, "The Hidden Valley" is Laguzoi, it's reached by a short coach ride from Hotel Armentarola. There are some pictures I took on my trip to Arabba here.

Can't help with the ski hire question...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hamish, no problem. The fact you were happy, could change them during the week and that they were waxed and edged well speaks volumes.

Cheers
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pokemon - I used a shop, think it was Kiwi, which is tucked away in middle of village - was totally uncrowded and good friendly service with excellent skis - I was there in Dec 2 yrs back and skis were nicely unwrapped before my eyes...there is also one right by Hotel Portovescovo which is good too but can be v crowded if you get the timing wrong.
enjoy and do make the hidden valley run - brilliant.
Have a bombardino for me please Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
patrick318, thanks. The website for Kiwi Sports did look good. I'm particularly interested as they seem to have a good range of the latest Volkl skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy