Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of any cheap accommodation in Whistler village ? Information very much appreciated. Looking to book a room urgently for travelling later this month. HELP PLEASE .........
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed in the coast hotel about 5 years ago. It was the cheapest I could find in the village at the time. 5 min walk to the lift. I think we payed around £60 per night. It might be worth a look. Lucky you it's fab!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blast !! Thanks Cheesystraw but that hotel is closed for a refurbishment till 2009 Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would like some help on Whisler accomodation as well if possible? Also who have people book with before and got good deals etc??

It would be my wife and I that are going on the trip, so if anyone has booked for two before and has any tips then that would be much appreciated.

thank you in advance.

Razz NehNeh Laughing Puzzled Skullie
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We booked a privately owned condo at www.alluradirect.com
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The other hotel I remember seeing was a holiday Inn. Not sure if it would still be there but give it a try. I booked through Ski Independence when I went. There is a service bus that runs from Vancouver Airport and takes you right into Whistler in Approx 2hrs. Rush hour can take longer as we found out! Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed in the Glacier Lodge which is a condo in Blackcomb not Whistler - though I think it's now described as "the prestegious Upper Village", but its only about 15 minutes walk to the presumably "Lower Village", Whistler. We didn't bother much as there's plenty of bars and restaurants in Blackcomb including the Chateau Whistler opposite. The lifts are only a minute or so away. The bar downstairs does great breakfasts and it's got a pool and a couple of outdoor jacuzzis. You'll have to check the prices online but it was not overly expensive when 10 of us stayed there although that was 5 years ago and we figured the location was just about perfect. Hired a people carrier and had a day in Vancouver too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont, also used Allura - very good
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A third vote for Allura. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I vote Allura and have used then in the past but used Trev at http://www.whistlervacations.com this year and stayed at glaciers reach.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lambertm, think that was where we stayed too.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we used http://whistlerbb.com for both of our trips out there and can wholeheartedky and without reservation recommend them
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
you really should tell us more info, like is it just you, are is it a family with kids????
you have been given some good links though, so no need to look elsewhere.
we have great snow, so look forward to some awesome skiing
Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I stayed at Latitude Five Zero in January 2007 and had a great time - good value but not in the village itself - is a short bus journey or you can get a lift from the owners in the morning / afternoon
You can walk it if not in ski boots
http://www.latitudefivezero.com/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kiltedlad, you should be able to get around $140 Cdn (£65)per person per night and some places will offer a free night if you book 5
snow report
Thanks everyone !! working on it now. I'm travelling and staying alone. All other friends booked last year. Problem is the cost of rooms and the single occupancy. Hotels wanting over £1000 for 7 nights. OK when the room sleeps 4 and you can divide the cost. But when your looking for a single room it's difficult.
latest report
Kiltedlad - I went on my own about five years ago. I phoned the Intrawest central reservations line and asked them for the best deal they could do - any accommodation. I got a studio for $70 a night - on condition that I moved half way through my stay within the same accommodation. I think it's always worth a phone call.
ski holidays
wbsr wrote:
you really should tell us more info, like is it just you, are is it a family with kids????
you have been given some good links though, so no need to look elsewhere.
we have great snow, so look forward to some awesome skiing
Smile

what's it generally like in early May (first 2 weeks)? Understand Blackcomb has skiiing into June?
snow report
Kiltedlad, in that case definitely check out my link, Joern has a single room with reasonable rates (rather than a double at reduced rates)
latest report
Anyone stayed in the whistler village inn suites??
snow conditions
RDSpearing wrote:
Anyone stayed in the whistler village inn suites??

I've been to the Keg restaurant and bar underneath if that counts! Smile
They have a hottub but no pool in the Village Inn Suites.

We have stayed at the mountainside lodge across the road and that's good and handy for the slopes (and has a hot tub and jacuzzi).

We now stay in cheaper accommodation (apartments) on the bus route which does laps of the town every 5 or 10 minutes.
snow report
barry, generally the skiing is great spring skiing, but terrible for anything 'hardcore'. expect to only ski the alpine, as the village is generally quite hot, and everything down low has melted. so downloading in effect. The snow becomes very slushy, i find it fun, some people don't like it, it does require more effort then 'winter piste skiing' . In a way it is a bit like powder skiing, since you have to 'work' your turns more then just rolling an edge. overnight the snow freezes, so in the morning it is bulletproof ice, but softens up nicely by 11am or so. means you are good to get drunk at night and sleep in Smile
Blackcomb has skiing through until the end of july / start of august normally. this year ends july 28. After june 8 it is called 'summer skiing' and requires a different lift ticket, so winter season pass no longer works. this year whistler closes april 20th. earlier than normal, i think they want to do more work on the peak to peak gondola ( linking top of mountains ).

back to accommodation, sorry I'm not much help there. I realise it is pretty expensive. i have heard allura direct, mentioned above is a good service.
snow conditions
wbsr,

great info, thanks
snow report
Kiltedlad, arew you out here yet? meet up?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy