Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See - Resort Hotel Schwebebahn

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi booked to stay in the Resort Hotel Schwebebahn next week, whihc I understany is up from the main town and is in a ski in/out location. However from piste maps I'm not able to determine where the hotel is, and if the ski in/out runs nearby are suitable for non advanced skiers - or if we will need to ski other areas. If anyone is familiar with the hotel and its location and could give any advice it would be appreciated.

its the second time I have skiied with the kids, in their teens (needless to say they're far more confident that I am, so I would be looking for gentler slopes green/blue (not sure of the difference) and kids will be Ok with reds.

It is only the second time we have skied, last year in Italy we had very little slow and the only gentle run was cobbled together for parts of others. That said was Ok for beginners as it took us a few days to work out how to get of the ski lift without falling over, or inadvertently ski backwards down the piste - styled myself on Bridget Jones, alas!

Have visited the snow dome in Tamworth a few time since - to keep up with the kids.

any comments on the hotel, location and best runs etc would be appreciated

Joanne
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jo UK, Went to Zell for new year, its lovely, I will check on my piste map when I get home and let you know which runs we enjoyed, there are no greens but the blues are plentiful! We started and ended our day by the cityexpress gondola in the centre of Zell, the only way down to it without going back down the gondola was a black Shocked (no chance for me) or a blue which is a long winding narrow track, a bit patchy in places, I will see if I can locate your hotel, and get back to you! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HI Jo, I just responded to your other message about gear so have a look at that. Your hotel is right next to the lift and to a nursery slope, so you can get started straight away! To return to the hotel on skis you need to come down one of two black runs, but you can ski around on the top and easily come down in the lift if that's not to your liking! It's a really good location for the lifts for all levels, so don't worry! If you haven't skied much then I would definitely recommend all going to ski school - it's right nect to your hotel. If you're only just confident on blues then you really do need to spend some more time having lessons.

There's loads of snow, it snowed again last night and more is predicted tomorrow, so lack of snow won't be a problem!

have fun!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks fee fee
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks nice - austria

I have booked lessons again this year, so determined to improve - despite being a relatively old newcomer have definately got the bug....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jo UK, Sounds like you've picked a good hotel, have a great time Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy