Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow-Forecast.com

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have made today a 'free' day, also they have changed the forecasts to 'free' 6 day forecasts for non-subscribers and 9 day forecasts for members! Very Happy
www.snow-forecast.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 5-02-08 10:23; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
feefee, I noticed this too - but trying to get on the subscriber parts still seems to chuck you into registration. Also it's failed to load free pages....I used to be a big fan but have switched my allegiance to my heros on the Weather thread here at Snowheads. Not sure if you are connected with Snow-Forecast but if you are I think they need to know....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kewhoward, No not connected at all. just obsessed with checking forecasts to where I've been, where I'm going and where I'd like to go! Laughing
There was a message saying 'bear with us whilst we update the site' probably why they made today a 'free' day!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting business decision....

I have subscribed for last few years as worth paying for 6 days rather than 3 for free.
Not worth paying for 9 if 6 are free, those back end 3 days are going to be a good deal less accurate.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.snow-forecast.com do occassionally have a phase where they do free days to promote their subscription service.
I had an email informing me they were in one of these phases although I didn't know that today was a free one.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, I agree - I've subscribed in the past and thought it was a clever model which they appear to have blown?! Very odd.

feefee, as I suspected, just another sad case of addiction to unquenchable thirst for the unknowable and unchangeable....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kewhoward, You got it too rolling eyes wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rungsp, kewhoward, I suspect they'll have been losing business to the metchecks and netweathers and so on.

I like snow-forecast's presentation but I think they've been a bit complacent by sticking with the free GFS output. If I were them I'd be trying to hook up with the chaps at Meteoblue who are running a proper short term localised model (NMM) and could give them a major leg up in getting it right at specific locations in the 0-5 day timescale.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
9 days? Wow that takes us up to Boredsurfin's holiday he will be pleased! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, You forgot to mention also losing business to those of us who find your (and other snowheads) musings much more entertaining - and I was referring to their business model rather than their computer model (which presumably is just an automated cull of the same ones you use?)
ski holidays
 brian
brian
kewhoward, yes, they only use one. I use 3 or 4 most days wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
feefee, takes one to know one wink rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy