Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Road to la plagne quick question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am travelling from Calais to La Plagne and can get a free stay two rooms in Lyon at the Hilton as my break the journey in two. It appears from autoroute that the time is not that different and just 40 miles.

Is this correct or is Lyon out of the question as a stop over?

Regards

Chris
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cmyers_uk you'd be failry close to lyon anyway using the peage route down but the consensus seems to be if you arent stopping use the route that goes near the airport rather than the lyon ring road which is busier

if you want to stop and have free accom then lyon makes sense, wille be about 3hrs from here to la plagne assuming it's not in peak traffic

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 4-02-08 19:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cmyers_uk, you're certainly not going out of your way to go via Lyon, it is the route we always take. My only comment would be its too far on the way there, probably look around Dijon, and very close to resorts on way back.

But hey if its free I'd take it
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you much appreciated didn't realize it was that close.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy