Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitefish Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for hd's resort report:

Whitefish (Big Mountain) (January 2008)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting report.

I had looked at Montana but, like the poster said,flights seemed to be long-winded with a couple of changes and arrive at awkward times. SLC is much easier. Then again, someone reckoned there was an easier way to get to Montana (WTFH ?)

I wonder if a car is necessary/advisable ?

What about combinations with other Montana resorts like Big Sky or Bridger ?

Is accommodation plentiful ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for this. We are based in Clagary at the moment and have been considering a trip down!! SOunds like it might be worth it!

Gryphea
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchigo, the flight on the way out was long but not complicated (2 stops) and on the way back it was easy peasy. Remember that when you arrive in Kalispell the transfer to Whitefish town centre is only 15 minutes.

A car is not required if staying in Whitefish because most of the hotels offer a free airport transfer and there is an excellent free town-resort bus service.

Accommodation is indeed plentiful both in the town and up on the hill. Whitefish receives a lot of summer visitors due to its proximity to Glacier National Park. It is very touristy (lots of shops selling tourist tat). Hotel prices are cheaper in winter than in summer.

I think all other reasonably sized Montana resorts are at least a 5 hour drive from Whitefish (happy to be corrected though). But Fernie is less than 2 hours away over the border.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
24 Jan

View from Summit

Empty slopes

Hellroaring Basin

25 Jan

Terrain Park

Evan's Heavan
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
26 Jan

Bigfoot T-Bar

27 Jan

9.30am queue for Chair 1 which we then found out had broken down

Silly ski wear

Bigfoot T-Bar

Backside

Hellroaring Basin

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 5-02-08 20:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks good.

Hellroaring Basin is a new addition to the mountain since my visit 12 years ago (When I learnt to ski Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy).

Reminds me that I should go back, especially since I now have sufficient skill to ski it.

Fernie is the nearest resort to bundle up into a 2-centre trip, and I believe that some tour operators have such a package.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm driving up there on Thursday for the weekend, so report and pics will appear on blog soon. Not been for a few years, so looking forward to it. It's certainly an epic snow year around the Pacific Northwest - we're measuring pow in feet per day Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy