Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lucky to be alive/still in one piece?

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/jue6iJ7lw_M&feature=related

Shocked

Amateurs should not try that!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At least he had his hood up. Don't like to think what would have happened otherwise rolling eyes .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Reminds me of the first jump I ever did which resulted in a mild concussion, still funny to see as long as nobodys hurt Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dropping into an offpiste area yesterday...a 10footx20foot slab of sno just slid away from my downhill ski and over a 10 foot drop.

Too small to be classed as an avalanche...but big enough to have hurt or done some damage if I'd slid with it.

I was sh!tting myself for a couple of minutes as I billy-goated the rest of the drop in!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That looks exactly what i did last week in les arcs - broke my collar bone in 3 places Sad Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Darwin was wrong! Otherwise how could those guys still be alive Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think for me, it's the *thud* noise when the guy lands that is the scariest thing!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Complete n*b if you ask me - the contrast on the video is awful so difficult to see properly but it looks like he was doing something akin to a snowplough on the way to the jump and was sitting right on his heels - conclusion being he can't ski properly so should never have been anywhere near a jump of that size, no surprise he did a back flip though.

If idiots like that hurt themselves then fair doos, serves them right, but all too often they end up hurting others!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Steilhang,
Quote:

Darwin was wrong! Otherwise how could those guys still be alive

They may not have bred yet. So Darwin could still apply if they take themselves out of the gene pool Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what an absolute pint! haha! muppets like these guys shouldnt be in the park...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Its not a case of lucky to be alive, more a case of lucky not to in a wheelchair paralysed. Fecking muppet
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hands up who's never gone off a jump they wish they hadn't.

<keeps>
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller wrote:
Its not a case of lucky to be alive, more a case of lucky not to in a wheelchair paralysed. Fecking muppet

A few years ago, we saw something very similar in Soll when we were on the lift (no. 44?) going up from Hochsoll. The last person in the group we were watching didn't appear to want to do it but his mates' calls of "Don't be a wimp, Andy" changed his mind. The difference was that on this occasion, the guy landed on his back, initially didn't move and then the right side of his body went into a violent spasm. His useless mates started running around like headless chickens and ignored the calls from everyone on the lift to ski down and get help. The pisteurs had to get a basher up the slope to prepare a landing area for a rescue helicopter. I've no idea how it turned out but is was a classic example of the dangers of peer pressure coupled with a lack of skill (and brains).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller,

That's what I was thinking as well...could have easily ended up in a wheelchair!

paulio,

Yeah but not a jump obviously as big as that when you clearly don't have the skills!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mmm - wonder what happened to this guy ?...check out how close he was to the car as well !!

http://uk.youtube.com/v/zjEKUGcMnW0&feature=related
snow report
the_doc wrote:
what an absolute pint! haha! muppets like these guys shouldnt be in the park...

that you doc? location CH? or AT?
snow conditions
Quote:

mmm - wonder what happened to this guy ?...check out how close he was to the car as well !!

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen Very Happy
latest report
lcation ch at the mo, half dead from bronchitus but slowing recovering...havnt been up the hill for a week!boo..
snow report
the_doc, not missed much to be honest...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy