Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB to keep forum shut to non members

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have just received an email from the SCGB which sets out their decision not to reopen the forum to non members and their reasoning behind it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a shame, but their loss is snowheads gain. Plus ca change, plus ca le meme chose.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting cop out, if you ask me.

goodbye SCGB, hello fun & sn snowHead wheads
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where is the SCGB now?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevin mcclean, At 5 years 10 months and 6 days we have a new BUMP RECORD!

The answer is - with a few more members than then - including quite a few of the higher post count snowHeads - with a rather quietish forum (despite a recent ? drunken spraying of new thread titles over xmas which made me nostalgic for when SZK posted more often...) running holidays which take about 20 times as many people away as the snowHeads bashes but a recently declining hit rate on their website. Probably about the same age demographic as snowHeads too...

I could probably get myself a voucher by getting you to join. pm me if you want details... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowHead is plenty good enough for me!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevin mcclean wrote:
Where is the SCGB now?

Same as snowHeads - London.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have not been on for years! Must be busy over there!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
achilles, a provincial boy like you needs to know that London is a very large place. So large that extensive areas of the connurbation are completely unknown to born-and-bred Londoners like me.

The SCGB is based in an outer suburb of London called Wimbledon, known for screaming argumentative American tennis players and litter collectors (Wombles). snowHeads is based very near Stephenson's London & Birmingham Railway - the first inter-city railway constructed to London, involving 20,000 men in its earth-moving and track-laying. In his novel Dombey and Son, Charles Dickens described the impact of the railway on Camden Town as follows:

Quote:
The first shock of a great earthquake had, just at that period, rent the whole neighbourhood to its centre. Traces of its course were visible on every side. Houses were knocked down; streets broken through and stopped; deep pits and trenches dug in the ground; enormous heaps of earth and clay thrown up; buildings that were undermined and shaking, propped by great beams of wood. Here, a chaos of carts, overthrown and jumbled together, lay topsy- turvy at the bottom of a steep unnatural hill; there, confused treasures of iron soaked and rusted in something that had accidentally become a pond. Everywhere were bridges that led nowhere; thoroughfares that were wholly impassable; Babel towers of chimneys, wanting half their height; temporary wooden houses and enclosures, in the most unlikely situations; carcases of ragged tenements, and fragments of unfinished walls and arches, and piles of scaffolding, and wildernesses of bricks, and giant forms of cranes, and tripods straddling above nothing. There were a hundred thousand shapes and substances of incompleteness, wildly mingled out of their places, upside down, burrowing in the earth, aspiring in the air, mouldering in the water, and unintelligible as any dream. Hot springs and fiery eruptions, the usual attendants upon earthquakes, lent their contributions of confusion to the scene. Boiling water hissed and heaved within dilapidated walls; whence, also, the glare and roar of flames came issuing forth; and mounds of ashes blocked up rights of way, and wholly changed the law and custom of the neighbourhood.

Dickens would have been a fine snowHead.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Sockpuppet, well, Camden Town is Northern Line, of course - but had Dickens been a snowHeads buff I think he would have been more interested in Mornington Crescent. And Hemel Hempstead, of course.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy