Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday Sun Feb 3rd

Poster: A snowHead
I am quite enjoying this one and Slalom technique is so sweet to watch!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
'tis good. Am a bit disappointed it's not on HD now I have the technology though!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was all good, still kinda bit lack lustre on everything i.e. nothing is really done in depth but heh some really enjoyable bits. The travel segment still is a bit sucky but the race and the the Italian hostel was cool! It would have been even better if Val hadn't have to cancel the downhill due to too much snowfall!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Need them to test some Ski's.. =p

Loved the Airboards though, they look like great fun!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
StItChEs wrote:

Loved the Airboards though, they look like great fun!

Terrifying though!
Jumping off rocks on a cushion! >.<

Yeah was a good one though.

Gutted For GRANGE on the slalom!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Walkabout, more than a cushion. A super cushion. =D
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I actually quite enjoyed much of this one !
And I definately want to go airboarding ! (wonder how many that'll put in hospital next season.......)
Lots of snowy stuff, even the summer walk was on snow - much better. The snowboarder bloke actually spent some time on the snow, albeit not on the board and the travelling stuff in the caravan was a pointless inclusion, but overall much better.

It, did, definately look like its had an awful lot of re-editing. Much less of the the hosts, significantly extended and better coverage of the racing, and all the mouthy shouty look-how-wonderful-I-am noise from snowboard bloke and Bell removed.

Possibly not a suprise - if anyone looked at the BBC's 606 page for Ski Sunday - essentially the BBC's own online feedback site - run and moderated by the BBC for comment on er, the BBC (not exactly unbiased then), all you'd see were hundreds and hundreds of posts completely slating the new format - to the point they had to bring in Bell to make a reply excusing / justifying the new format (and spectacularly failing to do so, from the response it recieved).

Hence my comment re. heavy re-editing - all the posts were essentially saying the same thing - its crap, bring back Vine, more racing, get rid of the hosts. They appear to have done much of that, result not brilliant, but a clear improvement and moving in the right direction. A 1 hour 50:50 format of racing and the other could really be very good, providing the hosts simply host, rather than shout a lot about how clever they are. Bell just simply isnt entertaining enough to do a Clarkson.

....and I still want an airboard !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My spirits slumped when I heard the words 'Ben Foggle' but this was an enjoyable episode. More action from Val D would have been good.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I like it. I watch Ch 4 for racing, Ski Sunday for entertainment. Seems like a good combination to me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A bit too much time spent showing a caravan being towed around Aus....especially as he didn't really seem to do much boarding there, but other than that okay. I liked the bit leading up to the race where they showed them "building" the race piste.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just love watching Bode Miller, his style is awesome he just goes flat out and lets his body adapt to the forces rather than trying to force a style on the mountain!
Also the commentator saying how Bode looks much leaner this season because of ..... hard training? Nah ... because he has given up the beer!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was good to see Ben Fogle NOT being the "Mr Perfect" I anticipated!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
It was good to see Ben Fogle NOT being the "Mr Perfect" I anticipated!

I was pretty impressed actually - carrying a beer down a slope without spilling a drop is not easy!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, It is if it's got cling film over it. Call me a cynic!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Best Ski Sunday I've seen for a long time. I was actually just sitting there enjoying it, rather than questioning or getting annoyed at the content.
latest report
Yeah enjoyed this weeks too. Liked the look of that hostel in Monte Rose, and gave an insight into Zermatt - they should thank us Brits for that wink
Good to see Graham Bell going down the course, really gives an insight into what the racers achieve.
Quote:

And I definately want to go airboarding ! (wonder how many that'll put in hospital next season.......)

austin7,

Seems it has already, if that chap in Italy was trying to copy them on the air matress.
ski holidays
Does anyone know if this gets repeated? Or if it appears on iPlayer/catch uo tv.

Thanks.
snow report
First one I've seen this season. It seems as though Ski Sunday is trying to be Top Gear on Snow, doesn't quite work IMHO. Too little skiing, but without the benefits of Clarkson/Hammond/May interaction.
snow report
Would be miles better if they got rid of Bell.
snow report
woody911 wrote:
Would be miles better if they got rid of Bell.

After his camera run down the Face? Quality TV I thought, and the other stuff he did in tonight's show was equally enjoyable.
latest report
I agree, keep Bell. It's unusual for the BBC to employ people who are good at what they are supposed to know about. Agree that he's worth it for the DH camera run alone.

They can get rid of the other guy though...
ski holidays
airboards was good coverage.

Australia was a complete and utter waste of time.

all round I appreciate ski coberage on TV.
latest report
Quote:

Yeah he spolit it proper, not spilling a drop of that beer Toofy Grin
snow report
I cant stand that Ed Leigh
snow conditions
Bones, well, he won't be back anyway! rolling eyes Probably off to hike up a mountain with six completely inappropriate people again...
ski holidays
Bones wrote:
Quote:

Yeah he spolit it proper, not spilling a drop of that beer Toofy Grin

Didn't see the liquid surface move at all - glass was stuck to the tray too!
ski holidays
I don't think setting off in unknown mountain territory with nothing but a few vague directions is a very good example to set.

I'm sure that they had more information but they made it seem as if it was a walk in the park.. very dangerous. They made sure everyone knew walking in the Alps with a mountain guide was necessary, how are mountains in other countries different? Puzzled

Apart from that I liked the rest of it.
latest report
I like Graham Bell and his presenting style.

He is not in the least bit pretentious and is a skier which makes a big difference.

There are too many people presenting programs these days, whose sole qualification seems to be that they are Gay !

No offence to Gay people by the way, but would you really rather see someone like Graham Norton presenting this ?

I think not.

Konrad Bartelski ? Wooden !

Who else then ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thought the background to the downhill piste prep was an interesting piece. Just the sort of thing they can do with an hour to play with.
snow report
Just me that has a big soft spot for Ed Leigh then Embarassed I think he's dead cute

And I too thought "Mmmmmmm" Bode Miller's looking mighty fine when they did the side on camera shot in the start gate, got a thump from MrM when I rather enthusiastically expressed this Shocked

Thoroughly enjoyed the piste prep for a downhill piece. Never knew just how much work goes into it and it goes a way to explaining why it was cancelled.

I love anything on the telly to do with skiing, so to have Channel 4 for the racing and Ski Sunday for other bits is great to me.
ski holidays
minx, Bode Miller furthers my theory that 'good looking super sportsmen prove the lack of a God'

We need more Jolean Lescotts!

ski holidays
Think the snowbard section is a mini comparison to real life snowboarders! Spend a whole lot of time arsing about and acting the cock and abou 5 minutes actually on the snow Obviously top gear have not destroyed enough caravans for ski sunday to be driving around Aus in one. Plus did I really need to see Ed Leigh arss Puzzled

Enjoyed the bit on Zermatt and as always Bode makes it better.
ski holidays
Ordhan, I thought he had quite a cute butt. Madeye-Smiley
Surely the beeb could afford to get one of those cameras mounted on a helmet for Graham Bell.
snow report
really only watched it to see Graham Bell go down the Face ... wow ... must be really hard with a camera in hand as well. Having skied the Face didn't recognise much after the road section where it goes steeply downhill, does it still follow the track of the traditional piste or does it go more the skiers right?
ski holidays
Bones wrote:
Yeah enjoyed this weeks too. Liked the look of that hostel in Monte Rose, and gave an insight into Zermatt - they should thank us Brits for that wink
Good to see Graham Bell going down the course, really gives an insight into what the racers achieve.
Quote:

austin7,

Seems it has already, if that chap in Italy was trying to copy them on the air matress.

The man died on Saturday. Ski Sunday broadcast on the Sunday. Maybe that's why he was killed. He was travelling through time, down a piste, on a rubber mattress.
snow conditions
Dont understnad Bell trying to ski talk and hold a camera surley they could dub over it and have him talk through after the event!
latest report
So - I small proportion of my license fee goes on sending some @rse to a third rate ski area on the other side of the world and he brings back footage of driving a caravan in fog and parking it at night. It might be an improvement on the first 2 weeks but purleeese it still could be so much better. PLeased to hear the BBC are getting a pasting on their own web site. I'd have a look but life is too short trying to keep up with Snowheads postings. Much better than Beeb moderated stuff I'm certain snowHead
ski holidays
I like it, a nice balance IMHO, as Rob said if you want to purely watch racing there are other channels showing this.
snow conditions
Ordhan wrote:
Dont understnad Bell trying to ski talk and hold a camera surley they could dub over it and have him talk through after the event!

I think t worksw really well as it gives you an idea of the amoutn of work he's having to put into it - and bear in mind he's not travelling *nearly* as fast as the pris, and he still missed a gate. 'nuff 'speck'.
snow report
Bones, Quote "Good to see Graham Bell going down the course, really gives an insight into what the racers achieve"

I was in Val D last week and that downhill looked scary. OK you can do it easily enough but at full pelt???

Full respect to them I'd say!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy