Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WHat have a i let myself in for! (La Tania in March in what seems like the worlds worst chalet!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Aaarrgghh.

I organised a trip for a group of 8 to La Tania in March. I picked everything so feel hugely responsible for everyone to have a good time and feel like it's money well spent.

So far this season I have been fairly confident that I picked well. 3 Valleys - brilliant skiing. Chalet? Unknown quantity, but looked pretty good.

Then this morning i found this... http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/36745-La_Tania-Mouflon_Chalet-Holiday-Review.html

So basically, the chalet is dirty, the food is crap, the staff are useless and we are all going to get food poisoning.

Super!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magic_hat, But think of the refund . . . . enough for another holiday Twisted Evil

Might be worth emailing the holiday provider with a link to the review and remind them of what you expect your standards to be . . . in the hope that they upgrade the service . . . Of course, if they don't then lose the Dogs of War Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque wrote:
Might be worth emailing the holiday provider with a link to the review and remind them of what you expect your standards to be

ALready have!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque wrote:
But think of the refund . . . . enough for another holiday Twisted Evil

A good point! Every cloud has a silver lining!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
magic_hat, the review is dated Jan 07 and the issues all relate to poor staff performance. They will have different staff this season, so the whole thing is a bit irrelevant.

And before someone leaps in with 'rubbish management then, should have sacked the wasters', it takes time to do that, and meanwhile some poor sod cops for a cr@p week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, Well spotted! I read Jan 07 and thought it was last month!

I'm getting old - all the years are blending into one.... can't believe it's 2008!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
magic_hat, What dates in March?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
magic_hat, all I can say is "Mice were found in cupboards too." LOL
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman, 15 - 22nd March.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
magic_hat, I arrive on the afternoon of the 21st, maybe meet for a Beer in Pub Ski Lodge, if you're not all dead through food poisoning wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman wrote:
magic_hat, I arrive on the afternoon of the 21st, maybe meet for a Beer in Pub Ski Lodge, if you're not all dead through food poisoning wink

Laughing

Hopefully we'll still be alive!

I'm more the "ski, eat, collapse in bed" type of person - but it will be our last night there, so will probably try and make the effort to get out and about!

Is the Pub Ski Lodge the place to go in La Tania? I'll try and make it to say Hi!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
magic_hat, It's 'The' Pub in La Tania. The bands are normally pretty good, food's pretty good too and good value and better still it serves Mutzig. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
we (10 of us)stayed in supposedly premier chalet in la tania - Chalet Jonquille, with Ski Power - the dishwasher was broken on arrival, the glasses dishwasher flooded the chalet on the second day, so we were evacuated for the night, - interesting experience with 6 kids - the nanny left the chalet before I returned at 4.45pm, leaving my son in the care of other guests, the following night the oven was broken, so food was insufficient and 'different', the dishwasher was still broken, the clean washing for all the other chalets filled the boot room for two days so there was nowhere to sit, the ski 'host' didn't turn up , oh and the company said all not their fault, should count myself lucky that they didn't just tell us all to go home as situation beyond their control, and I couldn't be bothered to argue. Travelled with them twice before but won't again------But still a good holiday due to brilliant skiing. So don't worry magic-hat, its the ski-ing that counts.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy