Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

instructor coaching a boarder + skier at same time?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of the skis schools said we could get an instructor to coach both a boarder and skier at the same time.
I would have thought that this wouldn't be ideal> One of the party won't be able to get stuff demonstrated to them well.
Any thoughts or anyone done this?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No problem for the Instructor to be qualified in both disciplines, but to give a lesson in both at the same time Shocked Puzzled Hopeless if you've got a visual learner, as no demo possibilities.
Definitely not ideal.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GordonFreeman, difficult, I should think. I had a snowboard lesson, as an almost complete beginner, with an instructor who rode goofy - I ride regular, and it was quite hard to translate exactly what he was saying into my own movements (especially as it was all in French!). If your boarder is experienced and just needs some hints and tips, maybe OK. But even then, I see instructors and boarders in private lessons here with the learner following the instructor down the slope carving turns in exact sync. - must be ideal for a good rider.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
would the instuctor be riding a board or on skis?

it wouldnt work. You need the instuctor on the same piece of equipment as yourself.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It would depend what level? If both were beginners, then the instructor could demo skis, set that person off doing an exercise, and swap onto a racing board (ie set up for hard boots). But this would only work if you were doing a short run where spare equipment could be left and easily swapped.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm quite surprised that the ski school is offering this - you can't really teach without demonstrating and you can't be on skis and board at the same time! I'm a qualified ski and snowboard instructor and although in theory you could do this, it is a waste of time really. I would be a bit dubious of the ski school that offered this....out of curiosity, where is it?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Engelberg main ski school, supposed to be good! Maybe they just suggested it as an idea.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GordonFreeman wrote:
Maybe they just suggested it as an idea.

Maybe they just want your money. Don't do it would be my advice. Either the skier or the boarder will be seriously short-changed.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
they get more doing it individually Smile
Makes sense to have separately and a one on one tuition is more useful in my experience than sharing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GordonFreeman, tell 'em there's gonna be 3 of you now and the 3rd wants to do telemarking....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Instructor called 'Ricey' took us out as a familiy skiing group in Morzine a couple of seasons ago. Our eldest son boards and he tagged along. Ricey also boarded and gave our lad some good tips and even demoed some moves with his body while stationary on skis. We all found it very helpful so maybe not as perfect as a dedicated boarding session would have been for our son, but more fun as we were all together.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy