Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowblade / skiboard with snowboard bindings fitted? do they work?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I have seen a couple of times on Ebay salomon snowblades fitted with snowboard style bindings (not a custom job im told)for use with soft snowboard boot , but cant find any info on these on the internet or sellers, being a lover of snowboarding because of the comfort and having skied before these look quite appealing as I wouldnt need another pair of boots .

has any one seen or used these?

Im thinking if these worked every one would be skiing round on them in total comfort ? so im a bit dubious

anyone? Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Properly fitted ski boots should be comfy.

I would have thought that regular snowboard bindings would be too wide to be mounted on blades. Dunno, other people might be able to help more.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowboard, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Can't say I've ever seen anyone on blades with soft boots. I'm sure there'd be safety issues with that setup. Blades are bad enough with ski boots.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I looked at getting blades with board bindings fitted as I'm envious of my boarding buddies sometimes. In the end I chose to get some blades with proper release ski bindings as I value my knees.

The recommended boots for use with blades are soft ski boots. Something like rossignol soft lite 3's. I have tried these and they are very comfy and work well with blades.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brilliant.

I have a pair sitting in my shed. No idea where they came from. Sometimes I threaten to put them on.

Salmon made them a long time ago.

If it makes you happy do it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i had a set of the salomon ones with the soft bindings fittedm they where ok, but not nearly as good as regular bindings. i was told by a salomon race trainer, that the soft binding ones where originally made for the salomon blade team.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
do you mean things like rossignol freetrek venture and Biss skis? I think that these are short approach skis and used mainly by climbers and snowoarders. They have non DIN bindings, no release, climibing bars and take short skins. Snowboarders use them to ascend instead of snowshoes, climbers both to go up and down snow instead of walking/postholeing (which is a real pain- and gives you really really cold feet- just writing this is bringing back horrid memories of walking accross Bow Lake on the Icefields Highway- frozen, with a film of water on top- then thigh deep powder- every step I took left me sinking to my groin- getting a wet foot then bringing it out into air well below freezing- it was horrid- but at least I still have all my toes)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go to youtube, search for "fatblades" and watch the videos wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy